Obama Takes Credit for Making U.S. 'The Most Respected Country on Earth'

Geee

obama-takes-credit-making-us-most-respected-country-earthCNS News:

(CNSNews.com) - "People don't remember, when I came into office, the United States in world opinion ranked below China and just barely above Russia," President Obama told a gathering of young Southeast Asian leaders on Monday.

"But today, once again, the United States is the most respected country on earth, and part of that I think is because of the work that we did to reengage the world and say that we want to work with you as partners, with mutual interest and mutual respect.

"It's on that basis that we were able to end two wars while still focusing on the very real threat of terrorism, and to try to work with our partners on the ground in places like Iraq and Afghanistan."

Republican critics, including Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), say President Obama's failure to leave a residual U.S. troop presence in Iraq has contributed to the ongoing disintegration of that country as well as the rise of the Islamic State.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

2 points

1. "we were able to end two wars" Which Two?

2. "the United States is the most respected country on earth"

He does not even bother with fake poll numbers now... just says it is so.

What amazes me it that I think he actually believes this. He's a hero in his own mindblink.png

• Like 1

Obama’s boast: ‘I am the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat’ in the Oval Officeblink.png

President Obama once confided to a top adviser that he believes he is “the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat in this office.”

In an interview with an Israeli TV station, former Obama adviser David Axelrod recalled the president venting in a moment of contemplation about criticisms that he doesn’t support Israel strongly enough.

“You know, I think I am the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat in this office,” the president told Mr. Axelrod. “For people to say that I am anti-Israel, or, even worse, anti-Semitic, it hurts.”

The TV report came out in advance of an exclusive interview that Mr. Obama conducted with Channel 2’s Ilana Dayan, which will be broadcast later Tuesday.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/2/obama-i-am-closest-thing-jew-has-ever-sat-oval-off/

Restored U.S. Respect? Is Obama Growing Delusional?

Leadership: President Obama says he has restored the U.S. as the most respected country in the world — a remark so at odds with facts it begs the question of whether he's lying, living in a bubble or just delusional.

Speaking before a room full of community leaders from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the president must have flabbergasted them when he said: "The United States is the most respected country on earth."

According to a Breitbart News report, the president said he re-engaged the world and made partners based on mutual interests and respect. After that, he laid out boilerplate about ending two wars, normalizing ties with Cuba and cutting a deal with Iran.

The only problem with this narrative about winning respect is that it has no basis in reality. In fact, the very opposite is true.

Polls show that the U.S. has lost prestige and power. A February 2014 Gallup poll showed that, for the first time, a majority of Americans (53%) thought President Obama is not respected by other world leaders, against 41% who say he is, a dramatic shift. A December 2013 Pew poll showed that the public sees U.S. power declining. Some 53% said the U.S. is less important and powerful than 10 years ago, against 17% who say no.Scissors-32x32.png

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/060215-755385-restored-us-respect-is-obama-growing-delusional.htm

Obama: ‘I Will Never Engage in a Politics in Which I’m Trying to Divide People

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama said during a town hall meeting at the White House on Tuesday that he would never engage in a politics that was aimed at dividing people along the lines of race, ethnicity, religion or gender.

Soon afterward, in taking questions from the audience, the president specifically stipulated whether the next question would be permitted from a man or a woman.

“I know that one of the important principles for me has always been treating everybody fairly,” said Obama. “So whether that's women or people of different races or different religious faiths or different sexual orientations, that one of my core principles is that I will never engage in a politics in which I’m trying to divide people or make them less than me because they look different or have a different religion. That's a core principle. That's not something I would violate, right?”Scissors-32x32.png

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/obama-i-will-never-engage-politics-which-im-trying-divide-

people

Chokingblink.png

SrWoodchuck

He does not even bother with fake poll numbers now... just says it is so.

@clearvision

Saul Alinsky’s 12 Rules for Radicals

* RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood. (These are two things of which there is a plentiful supply. Government and corporations always have a difficult time appealing to people, and usually do so almost exclusively with economic arguments.) insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

Scissors-32x32.png

* RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Unions used this tactic. Peaceful [albeit loud] demonstrations during the heyday of unions in the early to mid-20th Century incurred management’s wrath, often in the form of violence that eventually brought public sympathy to their side.)