Rand Paul to Media: Ask Democrats If It’s ‘OK to Kill 7-Pound Baby’

Geee

rand-paul-to-media-ask-democrats-if-its-ok-to-kill-7-pound-babyHeritage Foundation:

In one of his first campaign stops as an official presidential candidate, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., was asked about his views on abortion legislation.

Paul told reporters, “Why don’t we ask the DNC [Democratic National Committee]: Is it OK to kill a 7-pound baby in the uterus?”

During an interview with the Associated Press, Paul said that “life is special and deserves protection,” but didn’t specify whether or not he supports any exceptions to an abortion ban, such as cases involving rape, incest or a maternal mortality risk.

“The thing is about abortion—and about a lot of things—is that I think people get tied up in all these details of, sort of, you’re this or this or that, or you’re hard and fast [on] one thing or the other,” Paul told the AP.

Paul said he has supported “both bills with and without” exceptions during his time in the Senate.

“In general, I am pro-life. So I will support legislation that advances and shows that life is special and deserves protection,” said Paul.Scissors-32x32.png