‘Maybe I had a brain tumor’: Brian Williams on ‘lies’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

Page Six

Embattled news anchor Brian Williams couldnt bring himself to admit he lied about coming under fire on a chopper in Iraq so he instead wondered aloud if he had a brain tumor, a new report claims.

Several NBC News insiders told Vanity Fair that the fact-challenged Williams who was suspended without pay for six months from his Nightly News gig had trouble explaining what had happened.

(He said,) Did something happen to (my) head? Maybe I had a brain tumor, or something in my head, a source told the magazine in its upcoming piece. He just didnt know. We just didnt know. We had no clear sense what had happened. We got the best (apology) we could get.

In the aftermath of the scandal, people at NBC News have repeatedly cited Williams penchant for bureaucratic infighting and his limited interest in heavy news, the piece says.

Brian has very little interest in politics, one insider told the magazine. Its not in his blood. What Brian cares about is logistics, the weather, and planes and trains and helicopters.

Williams was described as very insecure because he had never been a foreign or war correspondent.

The insiders said his gussied-up accounts of seeing bodies floating in post-hurricane New Orleans were his way of trying to prove his journalistic chops.

________

Brian Williams: