Sen. Paul announces 2016 White House bid, touts 'message of liberty'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?intcmp=latestnewsFox News:

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, declaring "we have come to take our country back," formally announced his candidacy Tuesday for the Republican nomination for president.

“Today I am announcing, with God’s help and with liberty lovers everywhere, that I am putting myself forward as a candidate for president of the United States,” the 52-year-old Paul said at his “Stand for Rand” rally in Louisville, a few hours after making the announcement on RandPaul.com.

Paul was introduced by wife Kelley Ashby Paul, who said of her husband: “You are brave. You inspire others.” In a fiery speech tapping into America's frustration with Beltway politics, the senator said he worries "opportunity and hope are slipping away for our sons and daughters," and said: "It seems to me that both parties and the entire political system are to blame."

“I have a message that is loud and clear and doesn’t mince words,” Paul said in his roughly 25-minute speech, below a stage banner that read, “Defeat the Washington Machine. Unleash the American Dream.” “We have come to take our country back. ... This message of liberty is for all Americans.”

The roughly 30-minute program before Paul’s announcement included a cross-section of Americans, in an apparent effort to broaden his conservative base.

________

Rand Paul enters the fray.

Draggingtree
Please Stop the Pandering, Senator Paul

Jack Dunphy April 8, 2015

You may count me among those unenthused by the prospect of a Rand Paul presidency. To understand why, look at the speech he gave in announcing his candidacy on Tuesday. Using an old and stale a rhetorical device, Senator Paul proclaimed his visions of an America he assures us would exist under his stewardship. Among these visions was this: “I see an America where criminal justice is applied equally and any law that disproportionately incarcerates people of color is repealed Scissors-32x32.png

https://ricochet.com/please-stop-pandering-senator-paul/