Scott Walker's partner in power

Geee

237278-scott-walkers-partner-in-powerThe Hill:

A Scott Walker presidential campaign may end up being one of the easier things Tonette Walker has had to endure.

The Wisconsin first lady has experienced poverty, becoming a young widow and losing other close family members, the lonely period of cynicism and despair that followed, a whirlwind romance to the much younger future governor, and death threats from a nasty labor fight.

Those that know the Walker family describe Tonette as “tournament-tested” and “unflappable,” and say the political and personal travails she has faced will leave her well-equipped to deal with the rigors of national campaign and the next-level close-up she’ll get.

“She’s been through a lot,” said Wisconsin GOP lobbyist Brandon Scholz. “His campaigns have never been easy, and they’ve been through campaign after campaign after campaign. She’s ready.”

Walker allies say Tonette is more than just a figurehead — she’s a member of her husband’s inner political circle and will likely play a prominent role in a likely Walker’s presidential campaign.Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

@Cyber_Liberty I found this article interesting because she pretty much stays in the background here. You see her with him at events, but I have never seen her do a TV interview. One thing though - I'll bet she's not "ashamed of her country" wink.png

• Like 2