New Series: Worst Professors in America

Valin

new-series-worst-professors-in-america.phpPower Line:

Steven Hayward

March 19, 2015

We have the (temporarily dormant) Power Line 100 Best Professors in America roster (which I do intend to restart when I get back to a broader higher education project), and of course the coveted Power Line Green Weenie Award. It occurs to me that we really do need a Worst Professors in America roster, too.

The other day we noted the tenured professor of sociology from Penn State, Karen Halnon, who ranted about Venezuela while lighting up a cigarette on an airplane. Surely she deserves to be Entry Number 1 in Power Line’s Worst Professors in America roster.

And barely three days later, we have out second distinguished professor to add to the roster: Pancho Savery of Reed College in Portlandia. I’ll let the Daily Caller explain:

(Snip)

I think I’m starting to understand by Steve Jobs dropped out of Reed.

Savery is ostensibly an English professor, but another box on his profile lists the recent student theses he has supervised:

“The Thing You Need to Know Is: It’s All About Sex”: The Function of Heteronormative Discourse and Ideology in Queer as Folk and The L Word."

Tuition, room and board at Reed is currently $62,530. Refund time?

By the way, this new series welcomes nominations.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dieter (my evil twin) thinks it would be a great idea if we enrolled at Reed and took some classes from Dr. Savery. He says it could a real learning experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF5ANICWC2w

Cyber_Liberty

If you drill down to the Reason.com article, you can see the student in question may be the loonier of the two. My knee is not so quick to jerk in Mr. True's favor.