FEDERAL JUDGE ADMONISHED DOJ OVER APPARENT DECEPTION: ‘I WAS MADE TO LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT’

Geee

federal-judge-admonished-doj-over-apparent-deception-i-was-made-to-look-like-an-idiotBrietbart:

BROWNSVILLE, Texas — The U.S. Government lied to a federal judge, misrepresented facts and illegally gave 100,081 illegal aliens immigration status despite a pending lawsuit and an injunction. That is the argument that attorneys representing Texas and more than two dozen other states made.

During the heated court hearing Andrew Hanen, a U.S. District Court Judge, said that the apparent violation had made him look like an idiot since he initially believed the U.S. Government.

In a heated court hearing Angela Colmonero from the Texas Attorney General’s office stated that Texas had acted promptly in November 2014 upon learning of President Barack Obama’s executive amnesty and had followed all the timelines set forth with a sense of urgency.

“This was done to preserve the status quo and to prevent irreparable damage to the state,” Colmonero said referring to the cost that the individuals would bring and to the incentive for further illegal immigration. “You can’t put toothpaste back in the tube.”

During the hearings leading to an injunction handed down by Judge Hanen, attorney’s with the Department of Justice claimed that if an injunction was filed nothing would be done. That wasn’t the case, the Texas attorney said.Scissors-32x32.png

FEDERAL JUDGE ASKS, “CAN I TRUST WHAT THE PRESIDENT SAYS?” DOJ LAWYER GIVES WRONG ANSWER

Judge Andrew Hanen, the federal judge who blocked President immigration executive action, suggested yesterday that he might order sanctions against the Justice Department if he rules that it misled him about when the administration began implementing one of its immigration measures. Judge Hanen is concerned that the Justice Department misled him into believing that a key part of Obama’s amnesty program would not be implemented before he made a ruling on a request for a preliminary injunction. It turns out that federal officials had given more than 108,000 people three-year reprieves from deportation before that date and had granted them work permits.

AP reports:

Hanen chided Justice Department attorney Kathleen Hartnett on Thursday for telling him at a January hearing before the injunction was issued that nothing would be happening with regard to one key part of Obama’s actions, an expansion of the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, known as DACA, until Feb. 18.

“Like an idiot I believed that,” Hanen said.. . .

Hartnett continued to insist that the 108,081 reprieves had been granted under 2012 guidelines, which were not stopped by the injunction, and that government attorneys hadn’t properly explained this because they had been focused on other parts of the proposed action.

But Hanen pointed out that the 2012 guidelines only granted two-year reprieves and that three-year reprieves are being proposed under the program now on hold.

Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/03/federal-judge-asks-can-i-trust-what-the-president-says-doj-lawyer-gives-wrong-answer.php

Now I could be wrong, but getting any judge (much less a federal judge with lifetime tenure) mad at you....is not a good thing to do.