Rubio steps up

Valin

rubio-steps-up.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

March 19, 2015

Marco Rubio took to the Senate floor this afternoon to speak about Israel in the context of the Obama administration’s unremitting hostility to its elected leadership (video below). Obama will not forgive Israelis for reelecting Netanyahu or Netanyahu for having the temerity to prevail in the face of his opposition.

Senator Rubio is on fire in these remarks as he steps up to trace the history of Obama’s antipathy to Israel and to voice his support in the face of Israel’s enemies. He is on fire in these remarks.

______________________________________________________________________________________

whup-ass.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Draggingtree
Jeb’s Identity Crisis Fuels Rubio Challenge

Jonathan S. Tobin 04.09.2015 - 6:30 PM

According to the New York Times, it’s a tale of Shakespearean dimensions.The decision of Senator Marco Rubio to run for the presidency rather than defer to the candidacy of his onetime mentor and close friend Jeb Bush is depicted as a tragedy for those Floridians who know and like both of them. Two men, one older and one younger, united by their conservative principles and belief in reform of big liberal government are now locked in what may prove to be a bitter battle that may, in the heat of what promises to be a long hard fight, eventually turn into a personal grudge match. That’s one way to look at it and no one should doubt that the competing narratives of a young man who wouldn’t wait his turn or an older one whose time and family dynasty is part of the past rather than future is a big part of the story. But there’s another, perhaps more important way to understand why Rubio felt there was no reason to defer to Bush: the latter’s identity crisis has left many Republicans wondering why, other than a chance to fulfill family destiny, he is running at all Scissors-32x32.pnghttps://www.commentarymagazine.com/2015/04/09/jebs-bush-identity-crisis-fuels-rubio-challenge/

@Draggingtree

Ambition and personal issues may be important parts of the puzzle as to why these two former allies are now at odds over who should be the next Republican presidential nominee. But Rubio can hardly be blamed for not stepping aside in favor of a man who, for all of his many virtues, seems to have no compelling rationale for his candidacy other than it being his turn.

2 quick thoughts

1. Ambition! In A Politician! I can't tell how shocked I am at this. I mean what's next, politicians lying? rolleyes.gif

2. "no compelling rationale for his candidacy other than it being his turn." Here is the problem so many (myself included) have with Jeb.

• Like 1