Is the Loretta Lynch nomination unraveling?

Geee

2561647Washington Examiner:

Loretta Lynch, President Obama's attorney general nominee who once appeared to be on a glide path to confirmation, is now a vote away from losing the job after months of delay, thanks mostly to her views on illegal immigration.

Senate Republicans leaders have postponed a confirmation vote on Lynch, who was nominated more than four months ago. And each passing day has generated another GOP "no" vote, even from Republicans who typically would be amenable to approving Lynch, who is now serving as the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York and is highly regarded for her legal mind, job performance and personal appeal.

Among those who are uncertain of Lynch's fate is Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, who is chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and a staunch backer of Lynch.

Just a few weeks ago, Hatch told the Washington Examiner Lynch would easily be confirmed by the Senate.

Now, he's not so sure.Scissors-32x32.png

2561647:

Loretta Lynch, President Obama's attorney general nominee who once appeared to be on a glide path to confirmation, is now a vote away from losing the job after months of delay, thanks mostly to her views on illegal immigration.

Why Should I Be The only One With A Headache! biggrin.png

Pic Of The Moment: Your GOP-Controlled Congress At Work

150317-your-gop-controlled-congress-at-w

Abortion über alles

Dem: GOP puts attorney general nominee at 'back of the bus'

The No. 2 Democrat in the Senate on Wednesday accused Republicans of making attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch "sit in the back of the bus."

Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) ripped Republicans for holding up a confirmation vote on Lynch, who would be the first black female attorney general.

"The Republican majority leader announced... that he was going to hold this nomination of Loretta Lynch until the bill which is pending before the Senate passes, whenever that may be," Durbin said. "And so Loretta Lynch, the first African-American woman nominated to be attorney general, is asked to sit in the back of the bus when it comes to the Senate calendar. That is unfair. It's unjust."

Durbin was referencing Rosa Parks, an African-American civil rights activist who was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a bus.Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/236087-top-dem-gop-puts-ag-nominee-at-back-of-the-bus

The No. 2 Democrat in the Senate on Wednesday accused Republicans of making attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch "sit in the back of the bus."

Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) ripped Republicans for holding up a confirmation vote on Lynch, who would be the first black female attorney general.

"The Republican majority leader announced... that he was going to hold this nomination of Loretta Lynch until the bill which is pending before the Senate passes, whenever that may be," Durbin said. "And so Loretta Lynch, the first African-American woman nominated to be attorney general, is asked to sit in the back of the bus when it comes to the Senate calendar. That is unfair. It's unjust."

Durbin was referencing Rosa Parks, an African-American civil rights activist who was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a bus.Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/236087-top-dem-gop-puts-ag-nominee-at-back-of-the-bus

For so much of the Left, its always 1927

Cyber_Liberty

FTA:

"Why has the Senate Republican leadership decided to target this good woman and to stop her from serving as the first African-American attorney general of the United States of America?" Durbin said. "There is no good reason."

Uh, Dickless: Eric Holder is African American. She would not be the first.

Cyber_Liberty

Why Should I Be The only One With A Headache! biggrin.png

Pic Of The Moment: Your GOP-Controlled Congress At Work

150317-your-gop-controlled-congress-at-w

Abortion über alles

I see pictures like this posted by some of my Facebook "friends." I just tell them that it's true, and I find their tears delicious.

You are a very bad person, you know that right? cool.png

It's what keeps me going sometimes, @Valin. cool.png

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

Better "the devil you know".....than Eric Holder's wife's BFF in college.

The depth of Progressive depravity; matches the absence of their ethic.

Cyber_Liberty

It tickles me my Jr. Senator, Jeff Flake, is one of the three GOP Senators left holding her bag. Hah! Even McLame jumped, Hatch is the last required to derail her for good.

• Like 1

Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.)

That's a pretty good description of "Dick" Turdbin.

1f4a9-google-android.png

• Like 2

Cyber_Liberty

Hey @NCTexan - did you find that at the back of the bus??wink.png

I always like riding in the back. I likes my privacy.

I think we now know why that is. I respect your privacy. laugh.png

• Like 1

McCain: Durbin should apologize for ‘bus’ remarks

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Thursday that Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) should apologize for his comments that Republicans are making Attorney General nominee Loretta Lynch sit “in the back of the bus.”

The Arizona Republican said Durbin's speech was “offensive and unnecessary” and that Durbin owes the Senate, Lynch and the public an apology.

“I was so surprised and disappointed in the comments that he made yesterday,” McCain said on the Senate floor. He called the remarks “totally inappropriate” for the Senate floor.

McCain said Durbin’s remarks suggested “that racist tactics are being employed to delay Ms. Lynch's confirmation vote.”

“[it] serves no purpose other than to further divide us," McCain said.

Durbin did not offer an apology when he spoke on the Senate floor Thursday, but said that he is “upset and frustrated” over the delay in Lynch's nomination.

“All I am saying is that she deserves the same fair treatment that we have given to other nominees for this job,” he said. “I think it's insensitive for the Senate to hold her up for such a lengthy period of time.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/236271-mccain-durbin-should-apologize-for-bus-remarks

Dick Durbin’s Office Sought To Block Bush’s ‘Latino’ Court Nominee

When Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin played the race card Wednesday against Republicans blocking Loretta Lynch’s attorney general nomination, he must have forgotten all of the times he opposed Republican minority nominees.

In one of those instances of obstinance, Durbin’s Senate staff submitted a memo in 2001 asserting that George W. Bush U.S. Appeals Court’s nominee Miguel Estrada was an “especially dangerous” prospect because “he is Latino.”

On Wednesday, Durbin took to the Senate floor to accuse Republicans of forcing Lynch, who is black, “to sit in the back of the bus” until a vote on a controversial sex trafficking bill is resolved.Scissors-32x32.png

Scissors-32x32.pngBesides his opposition to Estrada, Durbin opposed two other minority Bush nominees. In 2005, he voted against Bush’s nominee for secretary of state, Condoleezza Rice. Also in 2005, he was outspoken in his opposition of Bush’s U.S. Court of Appeals nominee, Janice Rogers Brown. Both Rice and Brown were eventually confirmed. Like Lynch, both are black.Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/18/flashback-dick-durbins-office-sought-to-block-bushs-latino-court-nominee/

• Like 1