Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America

Valin

starbucks-employees-now-encouraged-to-berate-you-over-thorny-racial-issues-in-americaHot Air:

Noah Rothman

March 17, 2015

We now live in an era in which corporate executives have grown convinced that their customers don’t merely want a product or a service, but spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. And they’re relying on their entry-level employees to provide it.

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has decided that his 4,700-store enterprise is no longer just going to be offering customers coffee, frothy drinks, and overpriced pastries. His baristas will soon serve up a venti-size helping of social justice.

“Starbucks published a full page ad in the New York Times on Sunday — a stark, black, page with a tiny caption ‘Shall We Overcome?’ in the middle, and the words ‘Race Together’ with the company logo, on the bottom right,” read a Fortune Magazine report previewing a forthcoming Starbucks campaign in which the coffee chain’s baristas will be encouraged to talk about race relations with their customers.

(Snip)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://youtu.be/wt6mikW2xfU

cklcrr.jpg

Cyber_Liberty

I guess Starbucks has that common business problem of "too many customers" that lefty businesses seem to have lately They need to get rid of about half their customers.

I don't buy their overpriced, under quality product, so they won't lose me, but if I happen to have an occasion to patronize their establishment they'll get a steely-eyed "STFU" from me if they start that liberal clap-trap. I'd look a lot like the Joker in that picture.

Edited to add: If I get a cup with that crap written on it, I will demand a fresh, unpolluted one.

I don't buy their overpriced, under quality product, so they won't lose me, but if I happen to have an occasion to patronize their establishment they'll get a steely-eyed "STFU" from me if they start that liberal clap-trap. I'd look a lot like the Joker in that picture.

Edited to add: If I get a cup with that crap written on it, I will demand a fresh, unpolluted one.

You are much kinder than me. I haven't been in one of those frilly-foo-foo elitist liberal bastions in years and have zero intention of ever darkening their doorway again.

Cyber_Liberty

You are much kinder than me. I haven't been in one of those frilly-foo-foo elitist liberal bastions in years and have zero intention of ever darkening their doorway again.

Sometimes it's the only place to get a cup of Joe, like when you're on the secure side of the Airport Security Station. It takes an emergency of that magnitude to get me to want to buy their crappy coffee. There are always better alternatives. McDonald's has better coffee.

Sometimes it's the only place to get a cup of Joe, like when you're on the secure side of the Airport Security Station. It takes an emergency of that magnitude to get me to want to buy their crappy coffee. There are always better alternatives. McDonald's has better coffee.

Well Put.

I bought some once. Other than the cost...it was coffee. Personally I can live (quite nicely thank you very much) without some kid preaching to me about racism...or pretty much anything else for that matter.

Starbucks ‘Race Together’ campaign backfires: Communications VP deletes Twitter account

Would you like to discuss the legacies of institutional racism with that vanilla latte, sir?

You may get that chance now, as Starbucks is launching a new campaign geared toward having conversations on race between its employees and customers.

But the campaign to talk about race got off to an inauspicious start Tuesday, producing widespread ridicule on social media and prompting the company’s senior vice president of communications to delete his Twitter account when users tried to talk to him about race.

SEE ALSO: Starbucks wants baristas to discuss race with customers

“Race Together” has already started in Oakland, Los Angeles, St. Louis, New York and Chicago. Over 2,000 Starbucks partners have discussed racial issues at open forums, and CEO Howard Schultz is pushing for more.

Starbucks baristas were given the option as of Monday to give customers cups with “Race Together” on them in the hopes of sparking a conversation. They’re also being encouraged to wear pieces of flair promoting the campaign. The company also promoted the “#RaceTogether” hashtag on Twitter.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/17/starbucks-communications-vp-deletes-twitter-accoun/

“Race Together” has already started in Oakland, Los Angeles, St. Louis, New York and Chicago. Over 2,000 Starbucks partners have discussed racial issues at open forums, and CEO Howard Schultz is pushing for more.

Good God! We have been discussing Race since the (?) 1830's at least. And in the last 60 years you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an article/panel/debate/conversion about race. How about we try a little benign neglect, on this for so 10-15 years and see what happens?

• Like 1

This morning I went to the local Chick-Fil-A to get breakfast biscuits for RM and myself.

A typically friendly gentleman (of my advanced years) served me and asked if I wanted cream for our coffees. I said, "No thanks but aren't you going to discuss race with me this morning?"

My Chick-Fil-A server laughed and said, "We live in an amazing world today. Regarding Starbuck's discussions of 'race', I saw a Tweet that said, 'I don't want to talk NASCAR, I just want a cup of coffee.'" LMFAO.gif

• Like 3