A Megachurch History Lesson: Americans No Better Than ISIS

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

a_megachurch_history_lesson_americans_no_better_than_isis.html:

March 15, 2015

A Megachurch History Lesson: Americans No Better Than ISIS

By Karen Lugo

It is bad enough when writers of selective history craft a narrative to fit pre-determined conclusions of American guilt and shame. But when pastors push a version of American history devoid of victories for individual liberty, overriding commitment to equal rights, and sacrificial giving of blood and treasure across oceans -- while selecting out and exaggerating specious wrongs -- it is a special kind of travesty.

While a Texas Austin Ridge Bible Church staff pastor was trying to make points about poverty of spirit and relative values of sin, he gratuitously pivoted to accusations of American wrongs. Similar to Obama’s admonition against getting on a high horse, this pastor said that Americans “have to work hard not to distance ourselves from all of these [iSIS] atrocities” since: Scissors-32x32.png

The sermon, entitled “Becoming People of the Cross,” may be viewed on the church website,Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtrree

I wonder if Karen Actually listened to that sermon? I ask, because I didn't hear it.

Sin is Sin, whis what I got from the sermon.