Clinton admits should have used official email, says used personal account for 'convenience'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
sources-clinton-to-address-email-controversy-in-next-few-daysFox News:

Hillary Clinton, in her first public comments on the controversy over her use of personal email as secretary of state, acknowledged Tuesday that it "would have been better" to have used an official government account -- but said she used the personal one as a "matter of convenience."

The former secretary of state, and likely 2016 Democratic presidential candidate, addressed the matter in New York, following an event on women's empowerment at the United Nations headquarters.

She also briefly addressed her use of a private email server, but said it contains personal communications between her and her husband.

"The server will remain private," Clinton said.

Clinton fielded several questions about the implications raised by her unusual use of a personal email and private server after more than a week of critical news reports about her computer practices, including whether they were secure and whether she complied with records rules.

Explaining her original decision, Clinton told reporters she "opted for convenience" to use her personal email, on one device, when she became secretary of state. She said she thought it "would be simpler" to do so.

________

How "convenient..."

As I understand it... Hillary's primary defense is that those before her had made similar decisions for convenience.

Example: George Washington sent many letters while President by personal horse courier rather than using the official White House email system. Hillary's staff has completed unprecidented historical research and has not uncovered a single email written by Washington during his presidency.

They will testify to this under oath.

SrWoodchuck

Hillary The Eighth

(with apologies to Herman's Hermits)

15-03-Hill-8th.jpg

I'm Hillary the Eighth, I am.

Hillary the Eighth, I am, I am.
I'm always worried about the village next door,
But I've been caught in scandals seven times before,
And every one involved Hillary,
It wouldn't just be Slick Willie on the scam.
I'm the Queen of Lies, I'm Hillary.
Hillary the Eighth I am.

Second verse - same as the first ...

JoeSherlock via iOTWReports

SrWoodchuck

Oh, dear. She hasn't aged well, has she? You'd think with all that money.....

Sweet @nickydog!

You may have to prepare yourself for the ugliness.....here's how she got there.....