Barron’s AP Test Prep Guide: Clarence Thomas Is A Fascist In League With KKK

Geee

barrons-ap-test-prep-guide-clarence-thomas-is-a-fascist-in-league-with-kkk-photosDaily Caller:

The latest version of a top-selling study guide for the Advanced Placement European History exam explains the French Revolution with a chart which identifies Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas as a fascist and pairs him with the Ku Klux Klan.

“Barron’s AP European History” (7th edition) makes the claim, intended for consumption by American high school students, on page 168. The chart attempts to compare modern American political affiliations with the various factions involved in the French Revolution.

The chart moves politically from left to right.

The far right of the chart is labeled “fascist.” The authors demonstrate modern-day “fascists” by pairing “Clarence Thomas and the KKK” in the same box.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

AP European History

Let me just say, that as someone who actually reads history books nothing in this article comes as a surprise. When I see a new history book published in...the last 10 years, there are 2 things I can assume, with a great deal of confidence 1. It will be PC...ie America and western civilization are bad & 2. it will be written in such a way as to be a very good antidote to insomnia. In an older published book point 1 will not be so obvious & point 2 will still be there...(wallbash.gif ) , but not always...Thank goodness.

I swear it's like the write these books to be as boring as possible!

/rant.

• Like 1

Victory Over Communism

Steven Hayward

March 11, 2015

As Paul reported here a couple days ago, Barron’s textbook publishing division produced a monstrous book equating Justice Clarence Thomas with fascists and the KKK. I too was stunned to see this from the Barron’s stable, as Barron’s weekly is my favorite financial publication, and it employs many ideologically sound writers (Tom Donlan, Gene Epstein, etc), which suggests their management has their head on straight.

Yesterday Barron’s announced it will withdraw the book and destroy existing copies. I think their explanation of how it happened is a lame and incredible (I suspect some author or editor made the “condensation” this way deliberately), but good for them for acknowledging they screwed up. Here’s the screen cap of their retraction announcement, which is a little hard to make out (but I haven’t found a better version yet), and here’s the Free Beacon story which may be more useful.

xBarrons-copy.jpg,qresize=336,P2C524.pag

(Snip)