Draggingtree

Draggingtree

story?id=29482208: Colin Powell Still Sees

´Dark
Vein´ of Intolerance in GOP

ABC News, by Ben Bell

Original Article

Posted By:JoniTx, 3/8/2015 1:57:33

Speaking on the day following the 50-year anniversary of "Bloody Sunday" in Selma, Alabama, the first African-American Secretary of State Colin Powell said he still sees a "dark vein" of intolerance in the Republican Party, echoing comments that he made in 2013. "I still see it. I still see it in the Republican Party and I still see it in other parts of our country. You don´t have to be a Republican to be touched by this dark vein," Powell told ABC´s George Stephanopoulos Sunday on "This Week." "We´ve come a long way, but there´s a long way to go.

You know I'v never see anything in this man that wants to to take his advice ohmy.png

Cyber_Liberty

I saw this story earlier. Powell isn't dark enough to understand that "dark vein." What a tool.

"But we still now have hurdles that we have to get over," Powell added, noting the battle in some states over voter identification laws.

right hand to god! I don't understand this...I really don't.

Cyber_Liberty

"But we still now have hurdles that we have to get over," Powell added, noting the battle in some states over voter identification laws.

There's always more.

There's always more.

Simple Question: How is having a photo ID racist?

clearvision

What a crock. Republicans might have a problem with street scum or systemic welfare class, but it is not based on race. If the liberal class has allowed blacks to be the majority in these groups that is on them on those groups. I know many blacks from work and son's school and have no issue. But... if I'm in a mall or on the street and someone with a hoodie, droopy pants, stoned eyes approaches I have an issue. Does not matter if they are black or white. I can't help it that most seem to be black.

clearvision

There's always more.

per my response above, it is not black or white. It is a poor, not willing to put forth effort issue. You are not at fault that somehow blacks find themselves more in the poor class. Getting an ID is "hard" for the help me class. Unless of course they need it to collect their assistance benefits.

Cyber_Liberty

There's always more.

I'm sorry, but I have no answer. They really got me on this one.