Captain Rick Perry: Time for a Military Man in the White House?

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
captain-rick-perry-time-military-man-white-houseRicochet : perryMILITARY001.jpgCaptain Rick Perry: Time for a Military Man in the White House?

Larry Kudlow March 6, 2015 at 3:45 pm ( 21 hours ago )

“More than any election since 1980,” ace pollster Kellyanne Conway tells me, “2016 will be a national-security contest.” And she says former governor Rick Perry may have the best chance to convince voters that he can be commander-in-chief.

Let’s think on that. With the world in turmoil, who do you really want sitting across the negotiating table from Vladimir Putin, the Iranian mullahs, or the Chinese? How about a military man to command the war to destroy radical-Islamic jihadism?

Very few people know that between 1972 and 1977, Perry served in the U.S. Air Force, flying C-130 tactical aircraft in Europe and the Middle East. He is the only current GOP candidate to have worn the military uniform. And he rarely talks about it. Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

I like reading the comments at Ricochet, generally they are pretty good.

Re Larry Kudlow:

“More than any election since 1980,” ace pollster Kellyanne Conway tells me, “2016 will be a national-security contest.” And she says former governor Rick Perry may have the best chance to convince voters that he can be commander-in-chief.

(Snip)

Very few people know that between 1972 and 1977, Perry served in the U.S. Air Force, flying C-130 tactical aircraft in Europe and the Middle East.

Ooh A tactical aircraft!! How cool it that!!! cool.png Sounds so much better than a cargo plane. I don't want to sound snippy, but that it just the sort of this I would expect a pollster to say.

That said I really do like Rick, and I suspect he'll be around next spring, as a guy with a legitimate shot at the nomination.

e027a3289f2cf87d1087bbb35a968440.jpg

• Like 1