Scott Walker is officially the GOP frontrunner, and the media is out for blood

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
scott-walker-is-officially-the-gop-frontrunner-and-the-media-is-out-for-bloodHot Air:

How do you know that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has taken at least temporary custody of frontrunner status in the race for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016? Beyond, of course, the polls that show him rocketing to the front of the pack in critical early primary states like Iowa? The political press is coming down hard on him and his nascent campaign.

After three unambiguous statewide victories in a Democratic state in just four years, Scott Walker is thoroughly vetted. If there were skeletons in his closet, the media and the myriad opposition researchers scrutinizing his past would have found them by now. “Scott Walker could very well be indicted in the coming days,” the forlorn MSNBC host Ed Schultz predicted on the night of Walker’s second statewide victory. He never was.

So, the press has taken a keen interest in catching Walker in unflattering moments or making hash out of otherwise minor controversies. Rudy Giuliani was speaking at an event for Walker when he sent the political media into a manic frenzy in which reporter and pundit alike tripped over one another to denounce what they dubbed the New York City’ mayor’s callous and quite possibly racist assertion that President Barack Obama doesn’t love his country. Only now, on day five of that story, is it finally beginning to fade from the media’s focus.

________

The non-story hysteria surrounding Scott Walker.

SMEARING WALKER WITH GIULIANI

We can tell who the Democrat media fears among the GOP 2016 presidential field; it’s tipping its hand.

Fresh off the castigation of Scott Walker for his lack of a college degree and his refusal to be dragged into the question of evolution vs. creationism, Walker is now being dragged through the mud for failing to repudiate statements made by former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani assailing the patriotism of President Barack Obama.

“I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America,” said the former mayor at a Manhattan fundraiser for Walker a week ago. “He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

Giuliani didn’t stop there. “I thought the Crown Heights riots were a pogrom because you’re going out trying to kill Jews,” he said. “Why is this man incapable of saying that? You’ve got to be able to criticize Islam for the parts of Islam that are wrong. You criticize Christianity for the part of Christianity that is wrong. I’m not sure how wrong the Crusades are. The Crusades were kind of an equal battle between two groups of barbarians. The Muslims and the crusading barbarians. What the hell? What’s wrong with this man that he can’t stand up and say there’s a part of Islam that’s sick?”

Giuliani has been castigating the president in less-than-polite terms for some time now, and in fact let loose with a broadside against Obama’s poor judgment and insufficient fealty to the American people far more white-hot than his New York remarks in a Phoenix appearance the week before.Scissors-32x32.png

http://spectator.org/articles/61857/smearing-walker-giuliani

Taxpayer-Funded U. Wisconsin Chancellor Spends Her Days Lobbying Alumni Against Scott Walker

Rebecca Blank, the taxpayer-funded chancellor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, has sent a number of emails to alumni openly lobbying against a budget proposed by Republican Gov. Scott Walker that includes cuts to higher education.

A Feb. 18 email from Blank blatantly implores alumni to call state legislators to complain about the proposed education cuts.

“If you choose to contact your legislator on behalf of the university, I encourage you to thank them for engaging in an active discussion about the university budget, tell them you recognize that the state is facing a difficult budget situation and that the university must do its share along with other state agencies, but that a budget cut of the magnitude called for in the proposed budget is just too big and will have a significant negative impact on UW-Madison and its students,” Blank propagandizes in the email obtained by The Daily Caller.

“I encourage you to stay informed about the UW budget by visiting uwalumni.com/advocacy,” the chancellor’s email, entitled “This week’s conversation with alumni,” further urges.

Blank, who was hired in 2013, collects a base salary of $495,000, plus various perks and benefits.Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/22/taxpayer-funded-u-wisconsin-chancellor-spends-her-days-lobbying-alumni-against-scott-walker/

Scott Walker Is a Threat to the Existing Social Order

When Barack Obama was first elected president, a number of my readers were in deep despair about American politics and the state of our culture. So I set out to compile an inventory of what is still going right with our culture, the reserves of strength we were going to have to draw on to survive the Obama era.

One of my examples was Mike Rowe’s show “Dirty Jobs.” That led to some further ruminations about why people on the right tend to gravitate to shows like his, which celebrate the value of work.

Rowe himself has been understandably cautious about wading into politics—why risk alienating a big portion of his audience? (One wishes other celebrities were so circumspect.) But very recently, he has begun to indicate where his sympathies lie. There is the Facebook post I mentioned above about the minimum wage, which shows a strong, concrete understanding of the basic operation of the free market. And then there is a subsequent post in which he responds to a question about whether Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker should be disqualified from running for president because he didn’t graduate from college. (Walker left in his senior year to take a job offer.)

Rowe begins with a long and very funny description of how he got his first television job for the online shopping network QVC. It’s subtle, but you might also notice that he makes an implicit comparison between the job of president and that of a QVC pitchman. He concludes with an argument against “confus[ing] qualifications with competency.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://thefederalist.com/2015/02/23/scott-walker-is-a-threat-to-the-existing-social-order/

Scott Walker a terrifying Christian, apparently

The New York Times has a bone to pick with Scott Walker's consistency on abortion:

DES MOINES — It was a memorable political ad: Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin spoke directly into the camera in a 30-second spot last fall and called abortion an “agonizing” decision. He described himself as pro-life but, borrowing the language of the abortion rights movement, pointed to legislation he signed that leaves “the final decision to a woman and her doctor.”

That language was gone when Mr. Walker met privately with Iowa Republicans in a hotel conference room last month, according to a person who attended the meeting. There, he highlighted his early support for a “personhood amendment,” which defines life as beginning at conception and would effectively prohibit all abortions and some methods of birth control.

Times authors Trip Gabriel and Jonathan Martin base their analysis on an anonymous source, allegedly relaying information from a private meeting including "fewer than a half-dozen" "Iowa Christian conservative leaders last month."Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/02/scott_walker_terrifying_christian_apparently.html