Feminist, LGBT orgs threaten to ‘take action’ when Christian group invites them to debate

Valin

?ID=6289Campus Reform:

Kaitlyn Schallhorn

Feb 13, 2015

A female student was threatened by feminist and LGBT organizations at the University of North Carolina - Wilmington after she invited them to attend a pro-life event.

Madison Marston sent personal email invitations to UNCW’s National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League (NARAL), PRIDE, and the Women’s and Gender Studies Student Association (WSSA), to extend an invitation to Ratio Christi’s “Abortion and Human Equality: A Pro Life Defense of the Unborn” discussion. The three organizations collectively declined while threatening Marston for sending the invitation.

“Each of the leaders of PRIDE, NARAL and WSSA ask that you no longer contact us directly,” the email, obtained by Campus Reform said. “As a student organization, your events are on the CAIC calendar, part of Hawk e-News, and disseminated in a variety of other ways, which is sufficient for us to be aware of them. We do not need, nor want, these invitations. If you continue to attempt to contact any of us, we will take further action.”

In the email, the organizations said they already had a separate event scheduled for that same date but also said they will not participate in any debates with the Christian apologetics organization as they do not share the same beliefs when it comes to abortion and LGBT issues.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well that's certainly one way to win the debate.

Cyber_Liberty

?ID=6289:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wish I had thought of that. These LGBT folks are way smarter than I am.

?ID=6289:

I wish I had thought of that. These LGBT folks are way smarter than I am.

To quote that great modern philosopher Harold Callahan "A man's GOT to know his limitations." smile.png

• Like 1