The Perry Second Chance

Draggingtree

perry-second-chanceRedState: The Perry Second Chance

By: davenj1 (Diary) | February 11th, 2015 at 02:37 AM

When Texas Governor Rick Perry opted not to run for another term, it became obvious that he was gearing up for another presidential run. Since 2012, he has appeared at events in Iowa at least 33 times and, in fact, his campaign began almost the day after he bowed out of contention in 2012. If we look over the history of both parties, we generally find retreads along the way. Richard Nixon ran and lost in 1960 only to come back in 1968 and win the Presidency. Ronald Reagan lost in 1976 only to come roaring back in 1980. Even Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)49%‘s failed effort in 2000 resulted in a 2008 comeback. In short, second chances are usually afforded failed candidates, but third chances are extremely rare.

Of course, for Rick Perry there are two things that must be overcome. The first is the bogus indictment pending against him which a judge recently decided not to dismiss. This intrigue is unique to Texas with national implications. Without getting into the details, suffice to say this is strictly a politically motivated hack job on a popular ex-Governor. I have previously written that there seems to be some Democratic dirty tricks involved when it comes to potential Republican candidates in 2016. Besides Perry, there were the notorious “John Doe” investigations of Scott Walker in Wisconsin and the faux Bridgegate scandal involving Chris Christie in New Jersey. In the case of Perry, it is even more egregious since it involves highjacking the judicial system to advance a political dirty trick. Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

He has dealt with his 2012 performance misperformance, and done it the right way. with honesty, and humor. IMO Rick will still be in the hunt next spring, when a lot of big names have gone home.

• Like 1

@Draggingtree

He has dealt with his 2012 performance misperformance, and done it the right way. with honesty, and humor. IMO Rick will still be in the hunt next spring, when a lot of big names have gone home.

I'm hoping so for the good of the country

@Draggingtree

We have an embarrassment of riches, when it comes to candidates this time.

@Draggingtree

We have an embarrassment of riches, when it comes to candidates this time.

cool.png I know