US Marines disarmed by Yemeni militia

Draggingtree

us-marines-disarmed-yemeni-militiaRedState: US Marines disarmed by Yemeni militia

By: streiff (Diary) | February 12th, 2015 at 09:03 AM

Remember back when our operations in Yemen were the model for how Barack Obama was going to wage bloody war on ISIS:

This counterterrorism campaign will be waged through a steady, relentless effort to take out [the Islamic State] wherever they exist, using our air power and our support for partner forces on the ground. This strategy of taking out terrorists who threaten us, while supporting partners on the front lines, is one that we have successfully pursued in Yemen and Somalia for years.Scissors-32x32.png

Houthi rebels took all U.S. Embassy vehicles parked at the Yemeni capital’s airport and wouldn’t let departing U.S. Marines take their weapons with them, a top Sanaa airport official said about the latest evidence of unrest in an Arab nation long seen as key in America’s fight against terrorists.Scissors-32x32.png

Official: Houthis take U.S. vehicles, weapons in Yemen

By Greg Botelho and Hakim Almasmari, CNN

Updated 9:40 PM ET, Wed February 11, 2015

Sanaa, Yemen (CNN)Houthi rebels took all U.S. Embassy vehicles parked at the Yemeni capital's airport and wouldn't let departing U.S. Marines take their weapons with them, a top Sanaa airport official said about the latest evidence of unrest in an Arab nation long seen as key in America's fight against terrorists.

The actions come after the United States, along with Britain, suspended operations at their embassies and moved out staffers because of the instability in Yemen.

According to the official, the Houthis seized many U.S. Marines' weapons at the airport, and the American troops also handed over some to random airport officials. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/middleeast/yemen-unrest/

“Success story” update! Cut-and-run Obama shuts down Yemen embassy

By Michelle Malkin • February 10, 2015 09:43 AM

Just in from the Associated Press:

“BREAKING: US officials: US Embassy in Yemen to suspend operations amid security concerns.”

And Reuters:

“U.S. official in Washington confirms American embassy in Yemen is closing.”

As I said in my column two weeks ago reviewing President Obama’s bloody Yemen disaster: Scissors-32x32.png

http://michellemalkin.com/2015/02/10/success-story-update-cut-and-run-obama-shuts-down-yemen-embassy/

“BREAKING: US officials: US Embassy in Yemen to suspend operations amid security concerns.”

And Reuters:

As I said in my column two weeks ago reviewing President Obama’s bloody Yemen disaster: Scissors-32x32.png

http://michellemalkin.com/2015/02/10/success-story-update-cut-and-run-obama-shuts-down-yemen-embassy/

@Draggingtree It is a sucess story for him, he got to arm the Hoithis. Just like in Iraq by him making us run away he armed the jv team isis. Remember he thinks we are the evil in the world, not his sharialovin' pals.

• Like 1

And Reuters:

@Draggingtree It is a sucess story for him, he got to arm the Hoithis. Just like in Iraq by him making us run away he armed the jv team isis. Remember he thinks we are the evil in the world, not his sharialovin' pals.

@Draggingtree I also read about a week or so ago the Pentagon was in formal talks with the Hoithis. Now this happens.

• Like 1