Bipartisan opposition to Obama's war authorization plan

snowfall

2560147washingtonexaminer.com:

President Obama’s war powers resolution has many Republicans and Democrats agreeing on one thing — they don’t like it.

Obama’s request for authorization to use military force against the Islamic State is a tough sell on Capitol Hill in its current form, with Republicans calling it too soft and Democrats questioning its scope and size.

“I oppose sending U.S. ground troops into combat in another bloody war in the Middle East,” Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., said Wednesday. “I therefore cannot support the resolution in its current form without clearer limitations on the role of U.S. combat troops.”

Sanders is among many Democrats who are skeptical of the terms of the authorization for the use of military force (AUMF), which would approve "limited use of the United States Armed Forces against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant." That group now controls substantial land areas in Iraq and Syria and has been very successful in attracting jihadist volunteers from countries around the world, including the United States.

• Like 1

Why is he asking for these powers via congress? He never asks them.

Cover his ass when he has casualties.

That's it. The problem I have is, I don't believe him. After watching him for 6+ years, I doubt he's really serious....and I wish I was wrong.