UC STUDENTS VOTE TO DIVEST FROM ISRAEL–AND AMERICA

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
uc-students-vote-to-divest-from-israel-and-rest-of-worldBreitbart:

LOS ANGELES, California — An emotionally-charged and highly divisive vote took place at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) on Sunday as pro-Israel students attempted to thwart two different divestment resolutions at the UC Student Association (USCA). Both divestment resolutions subsequently passed, including one which called for divestment from most of the world, including the United States.

The first resolution called for divestment from certain American companies that do business in Israel. The second resolution called for divestment from American, Mexican, Russian, Turkish, Indonesian, Brazilian, Sri Lankan, and Egyptian government bonds.

So UC Student Association just called for divestment from America. As an alum I’m very sad to see student political power wasted #UCSADivest — Max Samarov (@MaxSamarov) February 8, 2015

The student-backed board passed both divestment resolutions with an initial vote of 11 “yes” vote, 1 “no” vote, and 3 “abstentions” before a revote determined the final tally to be 9-1-6. The vote was held at UCLA’s Tom Bradley Hall. The vote comes just days after UC Davis passed a similar resolution.

Several familiar faces from a “Block the Boat” occupation in Long Beach and a meeting hosted by the Muslim Student Association (MSA) in Berkeley who intended to stop Bill Maher (“Block the Bigot“) from speaking at the UC Berkeley mid-year commencement were also present.

“I’m not afraid of passing the resolution. I’m afraid of us leaving here and walking in different directions,” one of the day’s speakers said.

Among the students who co-wrote the divestment from Israel resolution was Rahim Kurwa. Breitbart News had initially been blocked by organizers from entering the hall to observe the vote.

________

It seems they've also divested themselves completely from reality.