Scientists Befuddled by El Niño’s Absence

Valin

scientists-befuddled-by-el-ninos-absenceVia Meadia:

Feb. 8 2015

Global climate models have pointed to an El Niño event for nearly a year, but the massive weather event has yet to materialize. Scientists are now hard at work trying to understand why Gaia has defied our best expectations. Bloomberg reports:

(Snip)

ime and time again we’ve seen computer models fail to predict what comes next for our planet’s weather and climate patterns. And no wonder—it’s hard to say what a system as incredibly complex as our planet’s climate is going to do next. We can understand certain facets of it, like the fact that surface temperatures are gradually rising, that they’re doing so in part because of increased greenhouse gas emissions, and that humanity has had a role in that increase.

But scientists run into trouble when they attempt to get much more specific than that. There are so many variables and relationships between said variables, and to quote Donald Rumsfeld there remain plenty of “known unknowns.” El Niño is a relatively well-known global weather event that researchers have had plenty of time to study, yet it remains frustratingly capricious. The kind of climate change we’re so concerned about deals with much larger time scales and is even more difficult to predict.

(Snip)

Cyber_Liberty

I'm befuddled too. Twice in the past several years the existence of an "El Niño" was announced, and I've seen no relief to the drought in the desert Southwest region. El Niño is supposed to dump tons of water on us, but we've gotten nothing, so I'm afraid I don't believe anything they say on the subject.

• Like 1

I'm befuddled too. Twice in the past several years the existence of an "El Niño" was announced, and I've seen no relief to the drought in the desert Southwest region. El Niño is supposed to dump tons of water on us, but we've gotten nothing, so I'm afraid I don't believe anything they say on the subject.

I posted a video by Michael Crichton (should be on our search engine). A couple of points he makes is 1. nature is chaotic, and extremely complicated, and we really don't have anywhere near a handle on how it works. The idea of changing the way humans live, on the basis of incomplete data is the height of hubris. Remember Climate science is new...ie within our life time.

• Like 2

My speculation is....that "The Child" didn't show up because of the millions of tons of carbon, that was spewed by the meeting of nattering nabobs of redistribution elite climate honchos....and their dirty private jets at Davos, Switzerland.

Is it possible that underwater volcanic activity....and the consequential destruction of sea vegetation....with the resultant blooming of detrimental species....caused a small rise in ocean water temperature.....along with disruption of the present climate models?

Really.....if they can't see that butterflies in the Amazon influence world wealth redistribution North American Volcanic fault plates...climate world-wide....then, they aren't reading their own propaganda press releases....

My speculation is....that "The Child" didn't show up because of the millions of tons of carbon, that was spewed by the meeting of nattering nabobs of redistribution elite climate honchos....and their dirty private jets at Davos, Switzerland.

I'd take them more seriously if they practiced what they preach,

• Like 1