National Security Strategy 2015

Valin

nss-2015.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

February 7, 2015

The White House has just released our National Security Strategy 2015 and posted it online here. National Security adviser Susan Rice gave a speech touting the strategy that is posted here. It’s the first update to our national security strategy in five years. Rice insists that things are getting better all the time; I think the deterioration has steadily proceeded under Obama’s leadership.

Quotable quote: “[T]oo often, what’s missing here in Washington is a sense of perspective. Yes, there’s a lot going on. Still, while the dangers we face may be more numerous and varied, they are not of the existential nature we confronted during World War II or the Cold War. We can’t afford to be buffeted by alarmism and an instantaneous news cycle. We must continue to do the hard work of leading a complex and rapidly evolving world, of seizing opportunities, and of winning the future for our children.”

This is barely argued and poorly written. Left unsaid is the existential threat coming down the road when the administration finalizes its efforts to facilitate the acquisition of a nuclear arsenal by the Islamic Republic of Iran.

(Snip)

Eli Lake picks the Middle East component of the strategy apart — it doesn’t take him long — in the column “Obama’s Middle East fantasy.”

Forward to 27:30

I stopped at the 41:39 mark....By stomach can like only so much.

Cliff Notes version: Its a dangerous world...but not that dangerous....Obama and his skilled team are on top of this and are really wonderful.

"It's the same old wine. In a brand new bottle"

Kenny Loggins

Cyber_Liberty

The only thing more amusing than Obama announcing a "national security strategy" is sending Susan Rice out to announce it.

The only thing more amusing than Obama announcing a "national security strategy" is sending Susan Rice out to announce it.

Makes me long for the days of the Clinton administration.....and I never thought I'd say that!