Obama, Unemployment and The Big Lie

Draggingtree

obama-unemployment-big-lieRedState: Obama, Unemployment and The Big Lie

By: streiff (Diary) | February 7th, 2015 at 08:00 AM

snake-oil.jpg

Somebody, they might have been famous, I don’t know for sure, once said that if you tell a big lie often enough, eventually you’ll convince a lot of morons that the lie is the truth. Unsurprisingly, this tactic, a favorite of totalitarians and community organizers everywhere is being used by Obama. From his State of the Union speech:

Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis.

If you think this is true, raise your hand. See, except for the one hairy chick wearing the DailyKos tee shirt no one raised their hand. That is because, given the choice between believing Obama and your own lying eyes you trust your lying eyes more. From the Chairman and CEO of Gallup,
:
Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

Post-Crisis Scorecard: Debt Up $57 Trillion, 60% Of Jobs Created Are Low Level, Record Youth Living With Parents

Tyler Durden

02/08/2015

On Friday, my Twitter stream was filled with some of the most outlandish bullish economic victory laps from pundits Ive ever seen. The source was the monthly employment report, which showed a larger than expected increase in employment as well as higher wages. In addition, there was a huge upward revision to employment data in November. Interestingly enough, on the same day this report was released, several important articles came across my screen that make me as concerned as ever about the true state of the economy and where we are headed.

(Snip)

Theres so much important information in this short article its incredible. First, the piece blames the living in basement phenomenon on debt levels. What happened to the notion that debt doesnt matter?

Id add that an equally important factor is that most of the jobs created in the Obama years have been menial, low paying jobs. As I highlighted earlier.

The last point though is the most interesting. It notes that a super-hot housing market is making it too expensive for even gainfully employed millennials to get their own place.

(Snip)

H/T Adam Baldwin

• Like 1