Huckabee Understands The Constitution Like Those Who Wrote It

Draggingtree

huckabee-understands-the-constitution-like-those-who-wrote-itThe Federalist: Huckabee Understands The Constitution Like Those Who Wrote It

To say that the Supreme Court is the final arbiter of the U.S. Constitution overthrows constitutionalism itself

By Paul DeHart FEBRUARY 5, 2015

In a recent article, Gabriel Malor rakes Mike Huckabee over the coals. Huckabee’s sin? In an interview on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show, Huckabee rejected judicial supremacy. Huckabee says the courts can neither make nor enforce law. The context of his comments concern the ruling of federal courts on the matter of same-sex marriage and on the rights of states to resist what he considers judicial overreach.

I haven’t read Huckabee’s book, and I don’t plan to. Nor did I hear his interview. My concern here is not with Huckabee but only with Malor’s strange view of the Constitution. What I found striking was Malor’s facile dismissal of the notion that states might ever resist or fail to comply with the decisions of federal courts. Scissors-32x32.png

righteousmomma

I like Huckabee on a number of fronts after watching his now canceled FOX show. i don't think he is a goof but do regret his stance with McCain a few years ago. HOWEVER I do not want him for President. Wish he had kept his show. He did more good that way in alerting and warning.

• Like 1