Can NBC News now have any credibility with Brian Williams as its face?

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
bal-nbc-news-brian-williams-lie-iraq-recants-20150204-story.htmlBaltimore Sun:

If credibility means anything to NBC News, Brian Williams will no longer be managing editor and anchor of the evening newscast by the end of the day Friday.

The admission from Williams Wednesday that he lied about being in a Chinook helicopter that was hit by enemy fire during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 is astonishing. And he only admitted the lie after being confronted with it by the military publication, "Stars and Stripes," which has a well-documented report and timeline showing his shifting version of events over the years.

Williams told the lie as recently as Friday. Here's part of how "Stars and Stripes" reported it:

NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams admitted Wednesday he was not aboard a helicopter hit and forced down by RPG fire during the invasion of Iraq in 2003, a false claim that has been repeated by the network for years.

Williams repeated the claim Friday during NBC’s coverage of a public tribute at a New York Rangers hockey game for a retired soldier that had provided ground security for the grounded helicopters, a game to which Williams accompanied him. In an interview with Stars and Stripes, he said he had misremembered the events and was sorry.

The admission came after crew members on the 159th Aviation Regiment’s Chinook that was hit by two rockets and small arms fire told Stars and Stripes that the NBC anchor was nowhere near that aircraft or two other Chinooks flying in the formation that took fire. Williams arrived in the area about an hour later on another helicopter after the other three had made an emergency landing, the crew members said.

“I would not have chosen to make this mistake,” Williams said. “I don’t know what screwed up in my mind that caused me to conflate one aircraft with another.”

Nowhere in his "admission" does Williams say what he actually did: lied. Instead he says something "screwed up" in his "mind." And it "caused" him to "conflate one aircraft with another."

________

Stick a fork in him?

Cyber_Liberty

“I would not have chosen to make this mistake,” Williams said. “I don’t know what screwed up in my mind that caused me to conflate one aircraft with another.”

Nowhere in his "admission" does Williams say what he actually did: lied. Instead he says something "screwed up" in his "mind." And it "caused" him to "conflate one aircraft with another."

This is what happens when you fail to listen to the voices in your head.

5vi-vi.gif

In my opinion

Can NBC News now have any credibility with Brian Williams as its face?

A stupid question with the false assumption that NBC News has any credibility in the first place.

Kinda like asking "Will curling ever regain it's postion as America's favorite contact sport?"

curling_f.jpg

• Like 2