Standing Up for Gordon

Valin

standing-gordon-editorsNational Review:

The Editors

Feb. 5 2015

Gordon College is a small Boston-area missionary-training institute turned liberal-arts college whose 1,800 undergraduates take as their motto “Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior.” It was, then, perhaps only a matter of time before it found itself, as it does now, fighting to survive.

In July 2014, President Obama, carrying out yet another threat to act by executive fiat where the federal legislature would not, signed an order prohibiting the federal government and federal contractors from discriminating in hiring based on “sexual orientation” and “gender identity.” However, unlike the Senate-approved Employment Non-Discrimination Act, after which it was modeled, the president’s order offered no exemption to religious organizations, raising the possibility that organizations with faith-based objections to same-sex marriage might no longer be able to qualify as federal contractors.

Enter D. Michael Lindsay. Three weeks before President Obama uncapped his pen, Lindsay, president of Gordon College, signed — as an individual, not as a representative of his school — an open letter to the president requesting the inclusion of a religious exemption. In this Lindsay was joined by 13 other religious leaders, including Rick Warren, pastor of California’s Saddleback Church, who delivered the invocation at President Obama’s first inauguration, and Michael Wear, national faith vote director for President Obama’s 2012 reelection campaign.

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Kimberley sweet cheeks Driscoll, Lynn Public Schools Board, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and all leftist bullies

Bite Me.

With no due regards

Valin (hate filled white guy)

Eight days after Lindsay’s letter, Kimberley Driscoll, mayor of nearby Salem, Mass., prohibited the school from any longer using Salem’s historic Old Town Hall, “despite a long and positive relationship.” Driscoll wrote to Lindsay that she was “disappointed” with the school’s “hurtful and offensive” stance.

In August, the nearby Lynn Public Schools board declared that it would no longer accept Gordon College students into its student-teacher program — in express violation of students’ constitutional rights to free speech, religious practice, and association.

These same buttheads most likely would welcome (probably even solicit) students for the local madrassa without question.

"Please come to share our wonderful facilities when you have finished your latest gay stoning or beheading."

University not finding tenure quite so vital if you oppose gay marriage
posted at 12:41 pm on February 6, 2015 by Jazz Shaw

If you ask anyone in the education community, (particularly the teachers unions) the tenure system is a vital part of the American education complex, both in public schools and colleges or universities. But Marquette University is proving that there are exceptions to every rule, moving to dismiss Professor John McAdams from his position, even though he is a long time educator with tenure. That must have been some seriously awful crime he committed to have the bosses show him the door. Did he engage in sexual activity with a student? Steal university funds? Go on a killing spree?

No, he wrote a blog post criticizing a graduate instructor who allegedly shut down a classroom debate when one of the undergraduate students voiceed objections to gay marriage.

(Snip)

The University’s explanation of why McAdams’ comments constituted a mortal sin, as provided by Dean Richard C. Holz, are rather staggering.

“Tenure and academic freedom carry not only great privileges but also vital responsibilities and obligations,” Holz wrote. “In order to endure, a scholar-teacher’s academic freedom must be grounded on competence and integrity, including accuracy ‘at all times,’ a respect for others’ opinions, and the exercise of appropriate restraint. Without adherence to these standards, those such as yourself invested with tenure’s power can carelessly and arrogantly intimidate and silence the less-powerful and then raise the shields of academic freedom and free expression against all attempts to stop such abuse.”

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You have freedom of speech....as long as you agree with me.

Ya know, speaking as a Mod, I kind of like this. Anyone who disagrees with me...out they go!!! Although I can't believe anyone would disagree with me, but I suppose it is possible. blink.png

rolleyes.gif

Cyber_Liberty

University not finding tenure quite so vital if you oppose gay marriage

posted at 12:41 pm on February 6, 2015 by Jazz Shaw

If you ask anyone in the education community, (particularly the teachers unions) the tenure system is a vital part of the American education complex, both in public schools and colleges or universities. But Marquette University is proving that there are exceptions to every rule, moving to dismiss Professor John McAdams from his position, even though he is a long time educator with tenure. That must have been some seriously awful crime he committed to have the bosses show him the door. Did he engage in sexual activity with a student? Steal university funds? Go on a killing spree?

No, he wrote a blog post criticizing a graduate instructor who allegedly shut down a classroom debate when one of the undergraduate students voiceed objections to gay marriage.

(Snip)

The University’s explanation of why McAdams’ comments constituted a mortal sin, as provided by Dean Richard C. Holz, are rather staggering.

“Tenure and academic freedom carry not only great privileges but also vital responsibilities and obligations,” Holz wrote. “In order to endure, a scholar-teacher’s academic freedom must be grounded on competence and integrity, including accuracy ‘at all times,’ a respect for others’ opinions, and the exercise of appropriate restraint. Without adherence to these standards, those such as yourself invested with tenure’s power can carelessly and arrogantly intimidate and silence the less-powerful and then raise the shields of academic freedom and free expression against all attempts to stop such abuse.”

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You have freedom of speech....as long as you agree with me.

Ya know, speaking as a Mod, I kind of like this. Anyone who disagrees with me...out they go!!! Although I can't believe anyone would disagree with me, but I suppose it is possible. blink.png

rolleyes.gif

Unceremoniously tossed out, or do they have to call someone a "Wookie" first? Just askin... blink.png

righteousmomma

"But this is, at root, a problem of poisonous culture, to which the law can always, given sufficient force, be made to bend. Unsatisfied with the wide (and ever-widening) space it has in American society to practice and promote its ethic of sexual liberation, the Left is waging a scorched-earth policy to ensure that its space is the only space, that its sexual ethic is the only sexual ethic. From Brendan Eich to Chick-fil-A to Hobby Lobby, any effort not even to roll back the Left’s sexual culture, but simply to carve out an exemption from it, is treated as a violation of fundamental human rights."

Yet less than 3% of the American population describe themselves as gay.

Unceremoniously tossed out, or do they have to call someone a "Wookie" first? Just askin... blink.png

WOOKIE! You better watch that kind of talk mister!! laugh.png

"But this is, at root, a problem of poisonous culture, to which the law can always, given sufficient force, be made to bend. Unsatisfied with the wide (and ever-widening) space it has in American society to practice and promote its ethic of sexual liberation, the Left is waging a scorched-earth policy to ensure that its space is the only space, that its sexual ethic is the only sexual ethic. From Brendan Eich to Chick-fil-A to Hobby Lobby, any effort not even to roll back the Left’s sexual culture, but simply to carve out an exemption from it, is treated as a violation of fundamental human rights."

Yet less than 3% of the American population describe themselves as gay.

free-speech1.jpg