The case to end teacher tenure, example 5,381

Valin

the-case-to-end-teacher-tenure-example-5381Hot Air:

Jazz Shaw

February 2, 2015

Another heartwarming story of America’s public education system comes to us from Washington Heights in New York. First grade teacher Ann Legra ran into a few performance issues while carrying out her duties in caring for and educating the city’s youngest students. Well, perhaps more than a few.

Ann Legra, 44, a first-grade teacher at PS 173 in Washington Heights, racked up “six years of failing her students,” the city ­argued in a 16-day termination hearing.

Hearing officer Eugene Ginsberg upheld charges of Legra’s “inability to supervise students,” excessive lateness and absence and poor lesson planning in the 2012-2013 school year…

“Students up out of their seats, at least one was running, another was demonstrating karate moves on the closet door and the majority of the students were not involved in anything instructional — an issue that has repeatedly plagued your tenure as a classroom teacher,” he wrote at the time.

Three of her 6-year-olds were injured in a classroom melee that day, he added.

Amid the “mayhem,” Goodman wrote, Legra was “buried in a corner at a computer table” where she could not monitor all the kids.

The good news is that Ms. Legra was immediately let go and her replacement has been raising standards and bringing a quality education to the children under her charge.

Naw… I’m just kidding. She’s still on the payroll.

(Snip)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

outraged-you-re-not-paying-attention_des

Cyber_Liberty

16 day termination hearing!?

At the end of which she kept her job. She gets "coaching" while continuing to teach as a substitute teacher.

Cyber_Liberty

What do you have to do to get fired! angry.png

Not pay your union dues...

That's hard to do in states that allow the Union to deduct its dues straight from workers' paychecks. Besides, if I were a world-class f***-up and I knew it, I'd make sure the dues payments are in top-notch condition. It's just common sense, like making sure all your health and life insurance is paid up before going skydiving.

• Like 1