Alaska Senator: Make NYC's Central Park a Wilderness Area

Valin

alaska-senator-make-nycs-central-park-wilderness-area-28674556ABC/AP:

JUNEAU, Alaska — Feb 2, 2015, 4:43 PM ET

An Alaska Republican lawmaker has a suggestion of where President Barack should look for America's next wilderness area.

State Sen. Cathy Giessel is urging Obama and Congress to acquire New York City's Central Park and close it off to development.

It's another example of Alaska political leaders pushing back against Obama's plan to ask Congress to designate much of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge as wilderness, putting it and its potentially oil-rich coastal plain off-limits to drilling.

(Snip)

Hey Nevada! What do you think about Alaska taking over top spot from you?

I wonder if your average person knows just how much land the federal government owns.

I wonder if your average person knows just how much land the federal government owns.

Your average person probably does not even know what you mean by "federal" government...

• Like 1

Your average person probably does not even know what you mean by "federal" government...

Its getting harder and harder as time goes on to tell the difference between local..state...federal.