Andrew Sullivan is going to stop blogging. No, blogging isn’t dead.

Valin

andrew-sullivan-is-going-to-stop-blogging-no-blogging-isnt-deadWashington Post:

Chris Cillizza

January 28 2015

There will be a tendency in the wake of the news that Andrew Sullivan is going to stop blogging to conclude that blogging, as a form, is dead.

Benjy Sarlin @BenjySarlin Follow

The already waning blog era is officially over, time of death 1 PM on 01/28/15. http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2015/01/28/a-note-to-my-readers/ …

12:17 PM - 28 Jan 2015

proxy.jpg?t=HBhAaHR0cHM6Ly9zdWxseWRpc2gu A Note To My Readers

One of the things I’ve always tried to do at the Dish is to be up-front with readers. This sometimes means grotesque over-sharing; sometimes it means I write imprudent arguments I have to withdraw;...

7ea2c1d22d96b163cbf1d7ab077dc417_normal. The Dish @dishfeed

(Snip)

Sullivan, whether wittingly or unwittingly, plays into that idea in explaining why he is saying goodbye to the blog. He writes:

I am saturated in digital life and I want to return to the actual world again. I’m a human being before I am a writer; and a writer before I am a blogger, and although it’s been a joy and a privilege to have helped pioneer a genuinely new form of writing, I yearn for other, older forms. I want to read again, slowly, carefully. I want to absorb a difficult book and walk around in my own thoughts with it for a while. I want to have an idea and let it slowly take shape, rather than be instantly blogged. I want to write long essays that can answer more deeply and subtly the many questions that the Dish years have presented to me. I want to write a book.

(Snip)