Senator Tom Cotton on the Hugh Hewitt show

Valin

senator-tom-cotton-obama-might-year-half-left-others-many-years-goHugh Hewitt Show:

Jan 23 2015

The junior Senator from Arkansas joined Hugh at the Heritage Foundation, and had lots to say about the reported spat between the Congress, the White House, and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Audio

(Snip)

HH: Well, I’ve got to go right to the news. This afternoon, Haaretz broke this story which has been picked up by the Times of Israel. The White House outrage over Prime Minister Netanyahu’s plan to speak before Congress has blown up. “We thought we’d seen everything,” The newspaper quotes an unnamed senior U.S. official as saying that Bibi managed to surprised even us. There are things you simply don’t do. He spat in our face publicly, and that’s no way to behave. Netanyahu ought to remember that President Obama has a year and a half left to his presidency, and that there will be a price. Senator Cotton, you’re on Armed Services. What do you make of that?

TC: Well, I mean, John Boehner is the Speaker of the House. He can invite anyone he wants to come speak to us. And Benjamin Netanyahu is the prime minister of the government of Israel, our strongest ally in the world, the only country in the region that truly reflects our Western democratic, capitalist values. And I would tell that senior administration official that he should remember that I and lots of other senators have many more years in office left than Barack Obama does.

(Snip)