In Obama’s speech, a conservative call to arms

Draggingtree

69225Canada Free Press: There can be no debate about it any more. Barack Obama has made it unmistakably clear he wants a fight. We should give him one. In Obama’s speech, a conservative call to arms

By Tom DeLay January 23, 2015

Washington Times

I found President Obama’s State of the Union address this week infuriating — and exhilarating.

It was infuriating for all the usual reasons. For all the talk that this time things would be different, in the first State of the Union speech since the American people repudiated his entire agenda we got the same old Mr. Obama, arrogant, disdainful, defiant of the new Republican majorities and of the voters who sent them to Washington. Had there been a referee on the premises, he would have thrown a flag for taunting.

It was perhaps the most in-your-face speech of this kind that I have ever heard, and I felt for the Republican lawmakers who had to sit through it, knowing that the television cameras were ready to pick up any scowl, eye roll or failure to join a “spontaneous” standing ovation. (It must have been especially tough for House Speaker John Boehner, who had to preserve his dignity and remain polite while Joe Biden was bouncing up and down like a manic jack-in-the box behind the president.)

The more I listened to the speech, the more I was convinced that the president is handing the Republicans an incredible opportunity Scissors-32x32.png