SOTU: You’re excused

Valin

sotu-youre-excused.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

January 20, 2015

Bill Kristol writes in his weekly email message to readers:

Many of you have asked whether, as conscientious citizens, you have to watch President Obama’s State of the Union address Tuesday. The answer is no. In fact, you have my complete and unambiguous permission to skip it. You might want to tune in after the speech for Joni Ernst’s GOP response–if she does well maybe we’ll include her in the next [Republican presidential primary] poll.

Encouraging us to elevate our eyes, Bill adds this:

And if you want to be reminded of what a speech can be, here’s a link to the conclusion of Churchill’s great June 18, 1940 address to the House of Commons, which you can listen to in honor of the 50th anniversary of his death later this week. The clip is only two minutes, but more worth listening to than Obama’s sixty-plus minutes.

In case the conclusion Bill links to whets your appetite for more, as it does mine, the complete text of the speech is posted here. A recording of almost the entire speech (30 minutes) is posted here.

It's worth noting FDR was unmoved by Churchill's speech of June 18, 1940.

Source? As I recall by this time America was beginning to support Britain...as always I reserve my God Given Right To Be Wrong.

Cyber_Liberty

Source? As I recall by this time America was beginning to support Britain...as always I reserve my God Given Right To Be Wrong.

They were desperate for "boots on the ground" after Dunkirk. They got lend/lease, which was indeed vital. I was incorrect to say he was "unmoved," just not moved enough to send troops or navy.

They were desperate for "boots on the ground" after Dunkirk. They got lend/lease, which was indeed vital. I was incorrect to say he was "unmoved," just not moved enough to send troops or navy.

Remember isolationism was the rule of the day...until Dec. 7., and he took a lot of grief for lend lease/and expanding the maritime exclusion zone.

• Like 1

I'm having a hard time with Joni. Something about the voice, smile, damp eyes and stiff poof hairdo is making it difficult to hear her words.

She is talking about HER past.... one pairs of shoes, bread bags for shoes or to protect them (something), worked the biscuit line at Hardys.

Sorry lost her real points totally.

Back to her and her family and how poor they were. Like being poor and making it rich is really important for Republicans to point out.

Sorry for slamming.

Just saw a snippet and Biden in the background. He seems to be looking more and more like Frankenstein. Top of head looks square...

Brian Williams asking Rubio if North Koreans will learn more about freedom with access to movies, media, etc thru internet..... this would mean North Koreans would need a computer, cell phone, or TV... and let alone power to run them.

We went to an AFA basketball game tonight and watched them lose by more than 30 points. Still, I figured it was better than watching the SOTU, but I was disappointed to miss Joni. Now I guess I'm not. Darn.

Brian Williams asking Rubio if North Koreans will learn more about freedom with access to movies, media, etc thru internet..... this would mean North Koreans would need a computer, cell phone, or TV... and let alone power to run them.

My Head Hurts...REAL BAD! Just when you think some people can't get any dumber, they go ahead and prove you wrong.

I'm having a hard time with Joni. Something about the voice, smile, damp eyes and stiff poof hairdo is making it difficult to hear her words.

She is talking about HER past.... one pairs of shoes, bread bags for shoes or to protect them (something), worked the biscuit line at Hardys.

It seems to me that whomever gives the speech seems to get stage fright, as she showed / another one Bobby Jandil

Obama demands endless fundraising stop by sending out a fundraising appeal

By: streiff (Diary) | January 21st, 2015 at 02:00 PM

In the aftermath of the various terror attacks in Paris, someone remarked that it would be interesting to sit in on the writers for Saturday Night Live as they attempted to parody Sen. John Kerry (D-MA)0% bringing aging hippie James Taylor to Paris is sing in a show of US support for France. This bunch in the White House is nothing if not consistent. In last night’s“State of the Union” speech, Obama had this to say: Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/2015/01/21/obama-demands-endless-fundraising-stop-sending-fundraising-appeal/

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Obama's SOTU: Gearing Up for 2016

Written by Thomas R. Eddlem

President Obama tried to set the national conversation for the 2016 elections, outlining in his State of the Union address Tuesday a host of expensive new social programs that are doomed in the GOP Congress. The speech, which included a proposal to increase taxes on the most wealthy and a host of new welfare programs for the middle class, was scripted to bait the Republicans into crying “class warfare” and backing the GOP into a campaign of defending the rich.

Many of Obama's 2015 State of the Union proposals were not serious in the sense that he can reasonably expect the Republican Congress to enact them. In the wake of the electoral drubbing of the bloated government agenda the voters served up to his Democratic party last November, Obama proposed more of the same as an attempt to shift the debate for the 2016 elections by framing the issue in terms of income disparity. Key proposals included

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/19945-obama-s-sotu-gearing-up-for-2016

Everyone who is anyone in U.S. government was at the Capitol on Tuesday night to hear President Barack Obama deliver his annual State of the Union address. Everyone, that is, except Anthony Foxx. The Obama administration’s transportation secretary is this year’s “designated survivor,” the cabinet member chosen to skip the speech in case there is a deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol.

OK, I feel sort of bad. I have never heard of Anthony Foxx and I thought I kept up with things political...

Everyone who is anyone in U.S. government was at the Capitol on Tuesday night to hear President Barack Obama deliver his annual State of the Union address. Everyone, that is, except Anthony Foxx. The Obama administration’s transportation secretary is this year’s “designated survivor,” the cabinet member chosen to skip the speech in case there is a deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol.

OK, I feel sort of bad. I have never heard of Anthony Foxx and I thought I kept up with things political...

@clearvision

Mayor of Charlotte, NC....from 2009-2013, when he was nominated to be SecTrans. by Barack Hussein Soetoro Obama.

13th in line, if all the other 12 dicks are kilt. Surprisingly....he's a Negro Black African American.....even though he wasn't born there.....

330px-Anthony_Foxx_official_portrait.jpg

Blast from the (Democratic) Past

Steven Hayward

January 21, 2015

Sen. Joni Ernst is getting mixed reviews for her delivery of the GOP response to Obamas State of the Union speech. I thought she did fine with an awful format. I actually think the party might want to skip making a response, but we can have that discussion later.

But if youre in the camp that is critical of Ernst, you should see the Democratic response to Reagan in 1985, hosted by none other that Slick Willie himself, and starring House Speaker Jim Eyebrows Wright. Even by cheesy 1980s standards, this is beyond awful, starting with the Genesis music (how great an abuse of prog rock is this!) played too loud in the background. Its 10 minutes you wont get back, but you should get a good chortle out of it:

(Snip)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I watched it last night, and all I can say is.....

l548670026.jpg

• Like 1