What’s the difference between Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush?

Valin

whats-the-difference-between-mitt-romney-and-jeb-bush.phpPower Line:

Paul Mirengoff

January 12, 2015

Clearly Romney and Bush disagree about immigration policy. But the key difference, I think, is this: Mitt Romney is a patrician who lacks the common touch, but wants to show he doesn’t think he’s better than the rest of us. Jeb Bush is a partician who possesses the common touch to some extent, but seems bent on showing his superiority.

That’s my takeaway from the former Florida governor’s obnoxious claim that, unlike Romney, he wants to win with “purpose, meaning, and integrity” and without getting “sucked into other people’s agendas.” And it’s my takeaway from the way he seems to relish taking a confrontational approach towards to conservatives who aren’t on-board with his some of his views.

Did George H.W. Bush or George W. Bush publicly ascribe disagreement by fellow Republicans with their views to bad motive or lack of character? Not that I recall. I’m pretty sure that neither claimed he would not seek the presidency unless he can do so doing so “joyfully.” Politics is not about personal joy, and neither is governance. Nor should they be. Politics is an inherently brutal endeavor and governance an exruciatingly difficult one.

Politicians have to pretend they are above polticis; it’s part of the endeavor. But Jeb Bush is insisting that he is. I think we should be wary of a campaign founded on an express claim of moral superiority. That’s Obama-style politics, with a bit of John McCain thrown in. It’s not the way of past Bushes.

(Snip)

(Snip)

IF either one becomes the nominee I'll support him...until then...NO.