Race and the race

Valin

race-and-the-race-113812.html?hp=t1_rPolitico:

The GOP’s 2016 slate may be its most diverse ever, but don’t expect the candidates to talk much about it.

Katie Glueck and Tarini Parti

12/26/14

Bobby Jindal is Indian-American, but you’ll never hear him describe himself that way. Marco Rubio insists he’s an “American of Hispanic descent.” And Ted Cruz “certainly” identifies as Hispanic, but he didn’t run for office as “the Hispanic guy.”

These Republican lawmakers, along with African-American conservative favorite Ben Carson, look poised to make the 2016 GOP presidential field the party’s most diverse ever. They are all mulling over White House runs as the GOP continues to struggle with minority voters and as racial tensions over police conduct have captivated the nation.

But none is planning to play up his race or ethnicity in a presidential campaign, or even to stress the potentially historic nature of his candidacy. Instead, according to interviews with donors, strategists, aides and several of the possible candidates themselves, each is more likely to hit broader themes such as the American dream and the importance of hard work, which, for Jindal, Cruz and Rubio, would include nods to their parents’ immigrant experience.

(Snip)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

dry.png Could It Be That Race Doesn't Really Matter To The Right?

dry.png Could It Be That Race Doesn't Really Matter To The Right?

That is not what I hear in the media...

Well they do know better than I, so I guess I'm going to have to change my views....and become a Democrat. biggrin.png