Demario Bailey's Life Mattered But Now He Can't Breathe

Geee

121614-730901-demario-bailey-black-on-black-crime.htmInvestors Business Daily:

Black Crime: If President Obama had a son, he might look like 15-year-old Demario Bailey, one of three killed and 30 wounded in a typical Chicago weekend by thugs who wanted his Bulls jacket.

As Bailey was being murdered while walking with his twin brother to a school basketball game, protestors of police brutality marched down Chicago's ritzy Michigan Avenue. They told high-end shoppers there that "black lives matter," held up their hands and said "don't shoot," and wore shirts that proclaimed "I can't breathe." The protest was part of a series of demonstrations also being held in Washington, New York, Boston and California.

"We're going to keep the light on Mike Brown .. . on all the victims. The only way you make roaches run is to keep the lights on," said Al Sharpton, who will not be attending Demario's funeral due to scheduling conflicts, and whose National Action Network organized the Washington rally.

We should instead keep the light on Demario and the other young African-Americans whose lives are snuffed out every day, many for refusing to join gangs. They are young men accused of "acting white" because they don't drop out of school to hang on street corners, who do their homework at night, who speak in intelligible sentences and who walk with their siblings to school basketball games.Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

@NCTexan

"This makes me so angry that RM has needed to was my mouth out with soap a dozen time already this morning."

Does RM not realize that in todays world that is abuse!!! I shall have her arrested forthwith!!

@Geee

This makes me so angry that RM has needed to was my mouth out with soap a dozen time already this morning.

See my related post in the Coffee Shop....

http://www.therightreasons.net/index.php?/topic/62407-coffee-shop/?view=findpost&p=489885

wash+mouth.jpg

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven"

Ecclesiastes 3:1

I would also point out there is a reason why every language has "Those" words....they serve a purpose, and there is a time to use them.

@Valin @Geee

This is the author of the letter I posted in the Coffee Shop link.

Nonini-150x150.jpg

Donald Nonini, PhD... SoB... AHoLE

Professor of Anthropology at UNC-Chapel Hill.... Studied at Stanford and San Francisco State

My new research project is on the urban commons, which will examine theorizations from Marxist political economy, the study of social movements and interdisciplinary literature on the commons to investigate urban commons around such shared urban resources as housing and green space.

This is what our taxes pay for.... to pump crap into the young skulls full of mush that are sent there.

@Valin @Geee

This is the author of the letter I posted in the Coffee Shop link.

Nonini-150x150.jpg

Donald Nonini, PhD... SoB... AHoLE

Professor of Anthropology at UNC-Chapel Hill.... Studied at Stanford and San Francisco State

My new research project is on the urban commons, which will examine theorizations from Marxist political economy, the study of social movements and interdisciplinary literature on the commons to investigate urban commons around such shared urban resources as housing and green space.

This is what our taxes pay for.... to pump crap into the young skulls full of mush that are sent there.

Well, if that's how he talks to his students they won't understand a thing he says, which would no doubt be a good thing. I recognize the words in his research project as coming from the English language, but I have little idea of what in the world he is suggesting. When he speaks of "urban commons" is he talking about parks? If that's what he means, then why the heck doesn't he just say so?! Oh yes, because he has a Ph.D. in anthropology and needs to talk like that.

@NCTexan

UNC-Chapel Hill...AKA Berkley in the appalachians. or at least that is the impression I get.

"Marxist political economy, the study of social movements and interdisciplinary literature."

My how truly wonderful for him I'm sure, and no doubt deeply deeply insightful. Question: Are there snacks in the course? Just so it's not a complete waste of time....some donuts, and bearclaw...made with organic flour of course.
spot the sarcasm

The problem is not the course per say but that I'd make a large wager there is no course to give an opposing view.

@Valin

The problem is not the course per say but that I'd make a large wager there is no course to give an opposing view.

It appears that most of these "social agenda" and "ethnic or gender studies" programs produce graduates whose only job opportunity is to teach a new crop of "social agenda" or "ethnic / gender studies" graduates.

Trammel_of_Archimedes_Small_White.gif

@Valin

It appears that most of these "social agenda" and "ethnic or gender studies" programs produce graduates whose only job opportunity is to teach a new crop of "social agenda" or "ethnic / gender studies" graduates.

Trammel_of_Archimedes_Small_White.gif

Absolutely! And of course to keep picking at the scab.