Jeb Bush announces he will 'actively explore' run for president

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?intcmp=latestnewsFox News:

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush announced Tuesday that he plans to "actively explore" a run for president, taking his most definitive step yet toward mounting a 2016 campaign.

The former GOP governor -- and son and brother of past Republican presidents -- also said he plans to launch a new political operation allowing him to raise money for like-minded politicians.

In a message posted on social media on Tuesday, Bush said he's discussed his plans with his family.

"As a result of these conversations and thoughtful consideration of the kind of strong leadership I think America needs, I have decided to actively explore the possibility of running for President of the United States," Bush said.

He added, "In the coming months, I hope to visit with many of you and have a conversation about restoring the promise of America."

Kristy Campbell, a spokeswoman for Bush, said he has not yet made a final decision on whether to seek the Republican Party's presidential nomination in 2016. She said Tuesday's announcement marks the "next phase" of his consideration process.

She said he will now gauge "if there is support for a potential candidacy."

________

Time for Bush III?

Daily Signal: Here’s How People Reacted to Jeb Bush’s 2016 Announcement, in 36 Tweets

For those who do not click the Link let me say the reaction is...somewhat less than positive. Although Meghan McCain is really really thrilled, so he's got that going for him.

When you've lost your Mom's vote....in your big run for Preezy...

Bet your last backers buck...that it ain't gonna be easy.

You RINO! Your brain's packed with progressive mush...

I have two birds to flip you.....Mr. John Ellis Bush.

• Like 1

Daily Signal: Here’s How People Reacted to Jeb Bush’s 2016 Announcement, in 36 Tweets

For those who do not click the Link let me say the reaction is...somewhat less than positive. Although Meghan McCain is really really thrilled, so he's got that going for him.

"I have decided to actively explore the possibility of running for President of the United States."

- Jeb "

I wub.pngCommon Core"

Bush

That sounds about as exciting as having a colonoscopy.

• Like 1

"I have decided to actively explore the possibility of running for President of the United States."

- Jeb "

I wub.pngCommon Core"

Bush

That sounds about as exciting as having a colonoscopy.

@Pepper

'Xactly!

"Jeb" Bush's run should be called...The "Great American Colonoscopy."

It is Establishment Republican buggery.

I've heard others say that having him in there....would "...improve the optics & enhance the civility of the debate..."

Bull Shiite. Just run a generic progressive with manners. Wasn't that description apt for Romney?

The fact that the same people that will support Jeb.....are actively spamming Cruz.....just drives me nuts. As if Harry Reid needed any help from Cruz in getting the useful Obama idiots seated....HELLO.....Nuclear Option/Legislative trickery....[/rant]

• Like 1

Anyone But Jeb Bush? Pretty Much
John Hinderaker
December 16, 201

Jeb Bush more or less announced his presidential candidacy today, and the reaction from conservatives was predictably negative. On Twitter, someone pointed out: Bush, Bush, Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain, Romney…Bush? I agree with Glenn Reynolds’ assessment:

Jeb’s a nice guy, and would certainly be a better President than Obama — but, then, my cat would be a better President than Obama, and I don’t own a cat.

I don’t want any more Bushes or Clintons. It’s embarrassing to see this kind of dynasticism in Amerca.

I was ahead of the curve on this one. In October, I wrote:

(Snip)

Polling data suggest that there are more conservatives in the U.S. than there are Republicans. There certainly are plenty of conservatives to put a Republican presidential candidate over the top. But they need a strong candidate to rally behind. This cycle, I think there are a number of Republicans who could fit that description–Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Rick Perry, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio (my current favorite), maybe Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindal or John Kasich, maybe Chris Christie if he can define himself as a conservative. There are others who could jump into the race, both plausible candidates (John Thune) and less plausible (Ben Carson).

(Snip)