David Koch: ‘I’m basically a libertarian’

Valin

david-koch-im-basically-a-libertarianWashington Post:

Wesley Lowery

December 14 2014

In an exclusive interview clip aired Sunday morning on ABC’s "This Week," reclusive billionaire and campaign mega-donor David Koch said he cares much more about fiscal issues and the economy than about social issues — on which he described himself as “a social liberal.”

Koch, who along with his brother Charles donates millions of dollars each year to the political campaigns of conservatives and political action committees, rarely grants interviews and spoke with ABC’s Barbara Walters as part of a year-long special that will air Sunday night.

“I’m basically a libertarian, and I’m a conservative on economic matters, and I’m a social liberal,” Koch said, who acknowledged that his beliefs about same-sex marriage and abortion conflict with the conservative beliefs held by many of the candidates propped up by the checks cut by him and his brother. “That’s their problem. I do have those views. What I want these candidates to do is to support a balanced budget. I’m very worried that if the budget is not balanced that inflation could occur and the economy of our country could suffer terribly.”