States Move Forward With Plan To Alter Constitution

Geee

120814-729571-fed-up-with-washington-states-look-to-convention-to-change-constitution.htmInvestors Business Daily:

A very important meeting is being held in Washington this week, but career politicians, lobbyists and most in the media don't want you to know about it.

More than 100 state legislators from around the country are meeting at the Naval Heritage Center. The Assembly of State Legislatures (ASL) will discuss the rules for the first-ever Article V Constitutional amendment convention. This is their third meeting. They're preparing to take on Washington, and Congress doesn't like it.

The Framers of the Constitution had the foresight to anticipate what Congress has become: a dysfunctional mess. In Article V they wisely provided a means for the states to step in and amend the Constitution largely without congressional approval.

The state legislators in ASL are determined to convene an amendment convention. Our situation is that dire.

We have $18 trillion in federal debt, 20% of American households on food stamps, the Social Security Disability Income Trust Fund nearing depletion and an immigration reform debacle.

The country has not been this mired in critical problems and divided since the Civil War. Yet Congress cannot do the nation's business.Scissors-32x32.png

Now More than Ever We Need a Convention of the States

True Change Will Only Come Through Amending the Constitution

By: Joseph Blaikie (Diary) | December 14th, 2014 at 02:20 PM

Well it appears my last article caused a bit of a stir. I would like to thank everyone for their comments. Whether you agreed or disagreed with my thoughts on the future of the Republican Party the responses were thoughtful with many good points made on both sides. That article has been removed because I violated Red State’s rule regarding third party advocacy. I apologize for that infraction. Moving forward I will focus on topics that hopefully we can all get behind as conservatives. With that being said, I bring up the issue of a Convention of the States.

I first heard the details of this plan while listening to the Mark Levin show. Mr. Levin brilliantly described the mechanism in the Constitution that provides citizens recourse to change their government when Federal officials become unresponsive to the will of those who elect them to office. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/diary/jblaikie/2014/12/14/now-ever-need-convention-states/