Round 2 for Johnson vs. Feingold?

Geee

225958-round-2-for-johnson-vs-feingoldThe Hill:

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) isn’t afraid of a rematch with former Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) in 2016.

Johnson, a huge target for Democrats hoping to win back the Senate majority in two years, is seen as one of the most vulnerable GOP incumbents in what Republicans realize could be a tough year for their party.

Along with Sens. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.), Johnson represents a state Democrats have repeatedly won in presidential years. And in 2016, a Democratic White House contender will be at the top of the ticket, generating a different electorate than the one that made Johnson a winner in 2010.

“There’s no doubt about it that it’s going to be a challenge, and I think I will be a target of Democrats and the left, it’s kind of obvious,” Johnson told The Hill Wednesday in an interview in his Capitol Hill office.

He believes he’d match up well against Feingold, whom he defeated in a tight race four years ago with 51.9 percent of the vote. Democrats and Republicans alike in the state expect him to run again.

“You’ve got two totally different individuals with two totally different ideas of government,” Johnson said.

“I’m not looking to grow government. Russ Feingold — he’s got this belief in government. He was the deciding vote in ObamaCare, and he’ll have to answer for that,” he continued, calling the Democrat “dedicated to growing big government.”

Wisconsin Republicans acknowledge beating Feingold again won’t be easy for Johnson.Scissors-32x32.png