Politicians to Business Owners: Drop Dead

Draggingtree

politicians-business-owners-drop-deadLudwig von Mises Institute: Politicians to Business Owners: Drop Dead

DECEMBER 4, 2014Peter St. Onge

TAGS Big GovernmentU.S. Economy

Senator Ted Stevens once explained that the Internet is a “series of tubes” and “not a big truck.” Steven’s comments made me a little sad, since I worried we’d never again hear such idiocy from a senior government official. Had we reached peak stupid on Capitol Hill?

There was a ray of hope a few years back when Congressman Hank Johnson shared, in Committee, his fears that if too many people move to Guam it might “tip over and capsize.”

Johnson is a well-known fool, though, so I was cautious yet. Maybe we just got lucky. Maybe stupid really was over.

So imagine my sheer joy when another well-known DC fixture, one Hillary Clinton, addressed her considerable analytic talents to the question of job creation during 2014’s election cycle.

Speaking at a Boston rally, Clinton opined, “Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs. You know that old theory, ‘trickle-down economics’. That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly.” Scissors-32x32.png