Dear Bill Bennett: Get A Little More Reaganesque On Common Core

Draggingtree

dear-bill-bennett-get-a-little-more-reaganesque-on-common-coreThe Federalist: Dear Bill Bennett: Get A Little More Reaganesque On Common Core

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Common Core has revealed the rot inherent in our government and education system. And Bill Bennett can't tell at all.

By Joy Pullmann DECEMBER 4, 2014

I’m too young to know if Ronald Reagan’s former Education Secretary Bill Bennett has always been a squish. He did preside over an unconstitutional and aggressively statist department Reagan had promised to close, so that seems like a good indicator of Bennett’s commitment to smaller government and bigger individual liberty and community self-determination.

So the gentleman has been getting paid by the well-heeled Common Core squad (Bill Gates has more money than God, and he’s paying everyone to back Common Core) to tack his name and reputation onto op-eds praising their burgeoning education fiasco. Earlier this year, it was in the pages of the Wall Street Journal. This week again, he was on CNN.com insisting that “Common Core has no better alternative.” Right, so the only road to our destination goes off a cliff, so we’d better rev up and ride off it. What? Scissors-32x32.png

The Problem with Common Core is not a Common Core...ie certain things every graduate should know. The real problem is it has become a one size fits all top down XXth century solution, to a very real problem.

I’m too young to know if Ronald Reagan’s former Education Secretary Bill Bennett has always been a squish. He did preside over an unconstitutional and aggressively statist department Reagan had promised to close, so that seems like a good indicator of Bennett’s commitment to smaller government and bigger individual liberty and community self-determination.

Dear Mzzzz Pullman

Squish? Define your terms babe. I would also highly recommend you do a little research before you say stupid things.

With no respect

Valin.

• 2 weeks later...
Common Core in Jeopardy

Posted on December 18, 2014 by The Political Hat

Remember how the Common Core math was supposed to create a plethora of super-genius kids who toss aside wrote memorization so as to achieve the almost-Gnostic truth of math, and be so able to become paragons of mathematics?

Let’s see just how spiffy that is when it comes to reality:

Scissors-32x32.png

http://politicalhat.com/2014/12/18/common-core-in-jeopardy/

Common Core in Jeopardy

Posted on December 18, 2014 by The Political Hat

Remember how the Common Core math was supposed to create a plethora of super-genius kids who toss aside wrote memorization so as to achieve the almost-Gnostic truth of math, and be so able to become paragons of mathematics?

http://politicalhat.com/2014/12/18/common-core-in-jeopardy/

No I don't. What's more I doubt anyone else does either.