WITNESS NO. 10 AND DARREN WILSON’S SELF-DEFENSE CLAIM

Draggingtree

witness-no-10-and-darren-wilsons-self-defense-claim.phpPower Line :

POSTED ON DECEMBER 3, 2014 BY PAUL MIRENGOFF IN FERGUSON SHOOTING

WITNESS NO. 10 AND DARREN WILSON’S SELF-DEFENSE CLAIM

Paul Cassell, a former federal judge, has been producing the best analysis I’ve seen of the Ferguson grand jury evidence. I recommend in particular this post, which contains links to others.

Cassell notes that Missouri law on self-defense required only that Darren Wilson have a reasonable belief that he needed to use deadly force to defend himself against Michael Brown. Wilson didn’t need to show that his interpretation was the only one, just that it was reasonable — i.e., a conclusion a reasonable person could reach based on all the facts.

Cassell then examines the testimony of Witness No. 10. This witness told the grand jury that he was outside while working a job when two men (later identified as Mike Brown and Dorian Johnson) walked by him. He then was able to see the events in question from beginning to end with a direct line of sight.

Witness No. 10′s testimony matches Darren Wilson’s in every important detail. He saw Brown inside the police car window, heard a shot, and saw Brown running away (from this, the witness initially feared that Brown had killed the officer Scissors-32x32.png