Gowdy Approaches Benghazi Minefield

Geee

gowdy-approaches-benghazi-minefieldFront Page Magazine:

Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Wood was the commander of the 16-man Special Forces security detail at the U.S. embassy in Tripoli, Libya, until the State Department ordered him and his men home on August 5, 2012 and never replaced them.

Despite repeated pleas from Ambassador Chris Stevens and his State Department security officers in Tripoli that they remain in Libya, Washington wouldn’t listen.

Colonel Wood remains perplexed at what happened on the night Ambassador Stevens was murdered, and in a recent conversation, recalled a similar event in June 2012 when the British ambassador came under RPG attack while visiting Benghazi.

“When I went to help the British ambassador, we got to the scene faster than the CIA team did on September 11. I went over to the CIA Annex, waited for the 18 Delta medic to grab his kit, then left immediately,” he told me.

“Why would they say ‘get over there as quick as you can’ when the British ambassador gets attacked, and say ‘wait’ when it’s our own ambassador?” he wondered.

And yet, that’s the behavior former deputy CIA Director Mike Morell told the House intelligence committee was “a very prudent decision.”Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

Benghazi Committee to Hold Second Public Hearing Dec. 10

Emma Dumain

Dec. 3 2014

True to his word, Rep. Trey Gowdy will convene a public hearing of the Select Committee on Benghazi before the year’s end.

The South Carolina Republican and chairman of the special House panel tasked with investigating the September 2012 attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, announced Wednesday morning that a hearing titled “Reviewing Efforts to Secure U.S. Diplomatic Facilities and Personnel,” will take place Dec. 10.

Assistant Secretary for Diplomatic Security Greg Starr, along with Steve Linick, the inspector general for the State Department, will be testifying.

Gowdy told CQ Roll Call last month that the committee would be active during the lame duck session. Though it was created with much fanfare — and considerable controversy — in the spring, it has ultimately taken a lower profile than many had expected with just one hearing taking place so far.

Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, recently announced that he would be reappointing Gowdy to serve as the chairman of the Benghazi committee in the 114th Congress, signaling that House GOP leadership thinks the job is far from over. The chamber will have to vote to reauthorize the whole committee early next year.

(Snip)

From what I've seen... Gowdy should be a good chairman of this effort. He seems unafraid to call it as he sees it.

Should be good. Hopfully my Someheimers doesn't kick in and I forget

• 1 month later...

From what I've seen... Gowdy should be a good chairman of this effort. He seems unafraid to call it as he sees it.

Should be good. Hopfully my Someheimers doesn't kick in and I forget

My Someheimers kicked in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKUd2Pk_TOM&list=PLcI1bufxocXCF3AaAsF1WjZM7s5OCM-3K

H/T @Draggingtree for bringing reminding me.

• Like 1

Federal Agencies Stonewall House Committee’s Benghazi Investigation

Sharyl Attkisson

January 22, 2015

Some federal agencies continue to stonewall when it comes to the ongoing investigation into the Benghazi terrorist attacks, according to insiders familiar with the process. They say the House Benghazi Select Committee isn’t getting access to all relevant documents and witnesses.

That will be the topic of the committee’s first public hearing of 2015 called for Tuesday next week.

Most of the committee’s work since a (slightly) bipartisan vote created it May 8, 2014, has quietly focused on the massive task of gathering information. The committee has provided relevant federal agencies a list of several dozen witnesses it wishes to interview.

(Snip)

But Republican staff members are encountering some of the same roadblocks that other committees met as they investigated pieces of the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attacks on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya. Four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, died in the assaults.

(Snip)

ohmy.png What A Shock!

Admiral: Benghazi panel’s excuse ‘nonsense’

January 23, 2015

From WorldNetDaily

NEW YORK – The military commanders on the Citizens Committee on Benghazi reacted with skepticism to the announcement Thursday afternoon that the House Select Committee on Benghazi has scheduled a hearing, contending the congressional panel led by Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., is not uncovering the truth behind the deadly episode that resulted in the death of an American ambassador.

The hearing will be held next Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. at the Capitol on a topic vaguely listed as “Subject Matter: Status Review of Outstanding Requests,” with no list of witnesses.

The skepticism intensified after Sharyl Attkisson, now an independent journalist after parting ways with CBS News, reported the subject of the hearing will be complaints that some federal agencies continue to stonewall the House Select Committee’s investigation by denying access to all relevant documents and witnesses. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.aim.org/benghazi/admiral-benghazi-panels-excuse-nonsense/