IS MARY LANDRIEU IN BLANCHE LINCOLN TERRITORY?

Draggingtree

is-mary-landrieu-in-blanche-lincoln-territory.phpPower Line :

POSTED ON DECEMBER 1, 2014 BY PAUL MIRENGOFF IN 2014 ELECTION, SENATE

IS MARY LANDRIEU IN BLANCHE LINCOLN TERRITORY? This weekend I searched for recent polling of the Louisiana Senate runoff race, which will be held this coming Saturday. I hadn’t seen anything since a November 20 Rasmussen poll that had Rep. Cassidy leading Sen. Landrieu by 15 points.

Alas, I found nothing more recent. Perhaps the pollsters have concluded that this is no longer a competitive race.

Confirmation that the race may well effectively be over came this morning, via Jim Geraghty, in a story regarding the early vote. Reportedly, the number of people who cast their ballots early in Louisiana dropped off Scissors-32x32.png

Cyber_Liberty

I don't think the pollsters has "concluded this is not a competitive race," but it's likely the people who commission them have. I don't know what that means. I also think there is cause to believe this will be a total blowout. It has a lot to do with the way the two Republican candidates handled themselves. Neither made out the other to be "evil" or "unsupportable," so voters can move from one to the other with relative ease.

IOW, the opposite of the way Romney ran the Primaries in '12.

Early Voting Looks Gruesome for Democrat Landrieu

by
BRYAN PRESTON December 2, 2014 - 8:30 am

According to NOLA.com, Democrat Sen. Mary Landrieu is running well behind of challenger Rep. Bill Cassidy ahead of this month’s runoff.

The number of people who cast their ballots early in Louisiana dropped off from the Nov. 4 primary election to the Dec. 6 runoff election in every statewide category except one: registered Republican voters.

About 85,900 registered Republicans took advantage of early voting for the Dec. 6 runoff, which was held during the week leading up Thanksgiving, as well as Saturday.

That’s almost 3,000 more than the number of people who voted early for the Nov. 4 election, and it amounts to a 4 percent bump in early voting overall from a month ago. Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/12/02/early-voting-looks-gruesome-for-democrat-landrieu/

• Like 1