Is CAIR a Terror Group?

Geee

cair-terror-group-daniel-pipesNational Review:

We who follow the Islamist movement fell off our collective chair on November 15, when the news came that the United Arab Emirates’ ministerial cabinet had listed the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) as one of 83 proscribed terrorist organizations, up there with the Taliban, al-Qaeda, and ISIS.

This came as a surprise because the UAE authorities themselves have a record of promoting Islamism; because CAIR has a history of raising funds in the UAE; and because the UAE embassy in Washington had previously praised CAIR.

On reflection, however, the listing makes sense for, in recent years, the Islamist movement has gravely fractured. Sunnis fight Shiites; advocates of violence struggle against those working within the system; modernizers do battle against those trying to return to the seventh century; and monarchists confront republicans.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

This last divide concerns us here. After decades of working closely with the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) and its related institutions, the Persian Gulf monarchies (with the single, striking exception of Qatar) have come to see the MB complex of institutions as a threat to their existence. The Saudi, Emirati, Kuwaiti, and Bahraini rulers now view politicians like Mohamed Morsi of Egypt as their enemies, as they do Hamas and its progeny — including CAIR.

A couple of points

1. The Above is the real reason CAIR was put on this list, not that they don't richly deserve it. As I keep pointing out things are always a lot more complicated than they 1st appear, and this is a classic case. IMHO what we see is a 3 way (4 way?) struggle for control of The Arabs,....The Saudis, The Iranians, The Egyptians (The Turks?) and standing outside is the MB and their offshoot, say no we should be in control, because we're the Real Muslims.

2. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. While at the same time keep in mind The Saudi, Emirati, Kuwaiti, and Bahraini rulers, view their kingdoms as their personal property. Make no mistake these are absolute monarchies, often benign but still absolute.

@Geee

This last divide concerns us here. After decades of working closely with the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) and its related institutions, the Persian Gulf monarchies (with the single, striking exception of Qatar) have come to see the MB complex of institutions as a threat to their existence. The Saudi, Emirati, Kuwaiti, and Bahraini rulers now view politicians like Mohamed Morsi of Egypt as their enemies, as they do Hamas and its progeny — including CAIR.

A couple of points

1. The Above is the real reason CAIR was put on this list, not that they don't richly deserve it. As I keep pointing out things are always a lot more complicated than they 1st appear, and this is a classic case. IMHO what we see is a 3 way (4 way?) struggle for control of The Arabs,....The Saudis, The Iranians, The Egyptians (The Turks?) and standing outside is the MB and their offshoot, say no we should be in control, because we're the Real Muslims.

2. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. While at the same time keep in mind The Saudi, Emirati, Kuwaiti, and Bahraini rulers, view their kingdoms as their personal property. Make no mistake these are absolute monarchies, often benign but still absolute.

So, are you saying that this is where Obama learned his 'unique' governing skills, via the absolute monarchies?wink.png