Ferguson: Waiting on Justice

Draggingtree

Failure in Ferguson Rooted In “God Damn America” The legacy of Jeremiah Wright's racist teaching

By: Steve Berman (Diary) | November 25th, 2014 at 09:16 AM

Justice is the furthest thing from what is going on in Ferguson. That’s not because the legal system, as it’s constructed, failed. The legal system did not fail. A grand jury’s job is to decide whether to issue an indictment when potential charges have been presented. The St. Louis County grand jury, a body of laypeople, not law enforcement, lawyers, or politicians, examined evidence in the Michael Brown shooting for three months. They decided not to issue an indictment on any charge against officer Darren Wilson. The legal system worked.

What has failed is leadership.

When President Obama took office, our nation had high hopes for race relations, or at least some of us did. I didn’t. My pessimism can be summed up in one name: Jeremiah Wright. If there’s a more racist sitting pastor* of a church of over 3,000, I am unaware of it. The Obamas attended Wright’s church for 20 years. If I attend a church where the doctrine is “off” for me, I’m gone in a month Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/www.redstate.com/diary/lifeofgrace/2014/11/25/failure-ferguson-rooted-god-damn-america/

• Like 1

Why Ferguson?

Posted on | November 25, 2014

“Fox and CNN viewers witnessed a police car, a car dealership and the local Little Caesar’s Pizza set ablaze, a beauticians’ store looted, a McDonald’s with its windows smashed — and ‘Full circle: Liquor store Michael Brown accused of robbing being looted.'”

Ed Driscoll, Nov. 24, 2014

The grand jury in Ferguson, Missouri, returned a “no bill” against police officer Darren Wilson, and devotees of the slain Saint Michael Brown — a martyr to the Holy Cause, in the eyes of idolators who worship at the Civil Rights altar — engaged in a ritual riot, while the High Priest of Social Justice, Barack Obama, gave a ceremonial press statement.

Why? Scissors-32x32.png

http://theothermccain.com/2014/11/25/why-ferguson/

Sorry, But The Ferguson Grand Jury Got It Right

Even if many of your grievances are legitimate, "justice" doesn't exist to mollify your anger.

NOVEMBER 25, 2014 By David Harsanyi

For many in the media, the Ferguson grand jury’s decision was going to confirm the existence of deep American injustice one way or another. If it found there was insufficient evidence for an indictment against Darren Wilson, it would mean that the American justice system was corrupt, unjust, and rife with racism.

If the grand jury decided to move forward with an indictment, it could only mean that American law enforcement was corrupt, unjust, and rife with racism.

Even if many of your grievances are legitimate, “justice” doesn’t exist to soothe your anger. In the end, there wasn’t probable cause to file charges against Wilson. And after all the intense coverage and build-up the predictable happenedScissors-32x32.png

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/25/sorry-but-the-ferguson-grand-jury-got-it-right/

November 25, 2014

Missouri Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder: Did Governor Jay Nixon Refuse to Deploy the National Guard Because of Pressure from Obama and Holder? —Ace

Speculation.

What isn't speculation is that the National Guard was at the town, but did not move in to restore order until this morning, after dozens of businesses had already been looted and/or burned to the ground. Scissors-32x32.png

Ferguson's mayor did request that the Guard be deployed -- and he was ignored.

Nice Deb makes a good point -- stop referring to violence and arson as "protests."

But that's their favorite trick, isn't it? Scissors-32x32.png

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/353378.php

Obama on TV now

Federal investigation is ongoing.

Obama say that by "working with me and government officials we can bring about change."

frustration anger in Ferguson is "rooted in harsh truths that need to be addressed"

OK, Bozo

Let us address the harsh truths:

• Loss of the traditional role of the mother and father in the family.
  • Government rewarding irresponsible behavior via welfare EBT etc
  • Disdain for any education or any betterment of self
  • Gang banger adulation. *

Add your own to the list

obama-gang-signs.jpg

• Like 2

'Xactly, @Pepper!

Recent observations......

I see that Holder & the "boys" at the Department of JustUs....sent by Emperor Oblunder....plan an investigation into the civil rights violations of Mike Brown by Officer Wilson & the Ferguson P.D.

Will they find that Wilson & Ferguson P.D., have acted "stoopidly"....and then invite them to Oblunder's Homie Crib for some Barley Pops?

Luckily for Mike Brown....he had more than one father.....so they'll be able to handle the Mike Brown Injustice Collective & T-Shirt Concession properly. Best stay out 'de way of Mom Brown, though....they get a pipe up side the head.

I can't figure which makes me want to wretch more:

pResident Twinkle-Toe calling for calm, after meeting with the criminals last week & exhorting them to "Stay the Course."

Preciously coddled Ferguson rioters, killing & burning over the injustice of a young thug getting his justice on the spot....

Ferguson & Missouri officials that fawn over these ignorant selfish malcontents, kiss their butts & allow their deadly & costly tantrums.....

The media that feeds & celebrates this insane destruction of society.

• Like 1

Professors leading the way to racial calm

America’s racist god requires black people’s blood to atone for the sins committed by its followers. This time, the blood shed in sacrifice to this god of white supremacy was Michael Brown’s. Darren Wilson, an agent of that god, was vindicated. For his reward, he is showered with blood money from other followers of the racist god.

While I still believe that the nation is obsessed with a punitive Christianity, I would add that white supremacy linked to an American theology of atonement means that brown and black bodies will always be sacrificed, whiteness is the standard, and that the thirst for power and blood is never slaked, never ending. White supremacy always demands the shedding of blood to assert its divinity.

http://religiondispatches.org/americas-racist-god-meets-miss-celie-darren-wilson-not-indicted/

• Like 2

Professors leading the way to racial calm

America’s racist god requires black people’s blood to atone for the sins committed by its followers. This time, the blood shed in sacrifice to this god of white supremacy was Michael Brown’s. Darren Wilson, an agent of that god, was vindicated. For his reward, he is showered with blood money from other followers of the racist god.

While I still believe that the nation is obsessed with a punitive Christianity, I would add that white supremacy linked to an American theology of atonement means that brown and black bodies will always be sacrificed, whiteness is the standard, and that the thirst for power and blood is never slaked, never ending. White supremacy always demands the shedding of blood to assert its divinity.

http://religiondispatches.org/americas-racist-god-meets-miss-celie-darren-wilson-not-indicted/

@Pepper

This is Black Liberation Theology Crap. Liberate from what? Sanity? Order? Reality?

BTW: What god is appeased by the sacrifice of black on black crime?

Some Progressive Moloch?

GODDAMNAMERICA.png

• Like 2

From comments at iOTWReports:

Sig94

11/25/2014 at 6:24 pm

Tear gas stings
Folks are cryin’
Gunshots ring
Someone’s dyin’
The mob feels its might,
It’s a looters’ delight
Walking in a Liberal Wonderland.

Gone away, is law and order
It looks like the Mexican border
Through the windows they crash
And make off with the cash

In the news they cry for peace and freedom
Enlist the dead thug’s father, Micheal Brown
He’ll say “let’s stay calm” and try to reason
But change his mind and scream, “Burn this bitch down!”

Later on, amidst the fires
They’ll interview the liberal choirs.
Al Sharpton will rave,
“White cops won’t behave!”

http://iotwreport.com/?p=263210#gutIie0h6Fkd684r.99

Things NOT overheard in Ferguson http://iotwreport.com/?p=263187

“I’m going home early, I have to get up for work tomorrow”- cynic

"I haven’t seen a crowd this big since the Romney rally."- BFH

“I sure hope the leaders of this protest got all the necessary permits!”- Czar of Defenestration

“Heather, be a sweetie and ask those fellows standing at the corner where we can find the nearest ATM.”- Uncle Al

“Are you going to the jobs fair tomorrow?”- evensteven

"Hurry up, L’Trine, you’re gonna be late for school and I’m gonna be late for work."- mnhawk

"I’m sorry, Mr. Brown, but I will not purchase a T-shirt that says “GONE TO SOON”. It contains an obvious grammatical error."- TN Tuxedo

“Whoa! Did you see THAT? I nearly left the store without paying for this new TV. D’uh! “- norman einstein

"Would you please throw this Molotov cocktail for me? I’m late for my volunteer shift at the animal shelter."- Uncle Dirt

"Race relations certainly have improved in this country since Obama became President just like he said they would."- Menderman

"Watch your language. There are ladies present."- reddecaesari

"Gotta go bro. I’m missing Antiques Roadshow."- Whiplash

• Like 2

Dear Media: How Not to Screw Up the Next Ferguson

By Robert Tracinski NOVEMBER 26, 2014

I hate to say, “I told you so.” No, really, I hate it. The city of Ferguson, Missouri, is in flames yet again as angry mobs—largely composed of outside agitators—vent their rage against “the system” after a grand jury refused to indict a white police officer for shooting a young black man. All of that destruction could have been prevented if the media knew its own business and didn’t need constant reminders from people like me about how to report on the use of deadly force.

Specifically, I warned them about Zimmerman Amnesia, the dogged failure to learn from the media’s mistakes in reporting previous cases.

H]ere we go making all of the same mistakes we made in the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin case, where reporters did their usual bang-up job of writing the story first and then gathering the facts—only to see much of the early narrative about the shooting dissolve before the case even Scissors-32x32.png

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/26/dear-media-how-not-to-screw-up-the-next-ferguson/

The Ferguson Evidence

By ROD DREHERNovember 25, 2014, 9:10 AM

Conor Friedersdorf — who, by the way, has been highly critical of police tactics in general — says that one reason Officer Wilson was not indicted was because ofinconsistent, even contradictory, statements by witnesses. He quotes the statements from the grand jury documents, then concludes:

I haven’t yet had time to go through all the documents released by St. Louis County, but based on these witness statements, I can see why the grand jury would have reason to doubt whether Officer Wilson committed a crime. At least some witnesses corroborate his story. Some that don’t contradict one another. If the witnesses above all testified in a criminal trial, it’s hard to imagine that a jury would fail to have reasonable doubts about what really happened. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/the-ferguson-evidence/

• Like 1

November 27, 2014

Officer David Smith died when an enraged perp reached into his police car, got his gun, and shot him

But for his willingness to use deadly force, Darren Wilson might be as dead today as his brother law enforcement officer, David Wilson, of the Johnson City, NY Police. William Jacobson of Legal Insurrection reminds us of the largely forgotten incident in which a peace officer died only a few months prior to the death of Michael Brown, strong arm robber, now being lionized by some as a hero and martyr. Scissors-32x32.png

Ferguson grand jury witnesses often cited fear in testifying

Posted by Jammie on Nov 26, 2014 at 10:18 pm

This witness was scared. He had Googled himself and found the phrase: “Snitches get stitches.”

He was scared that black neighbors would find fault with his description of what happened when a white police officer, Darren Wilson, shot dead an unarmed black man, Michael Brown, in Ferguson, Mo.

He was scared that white supremacists would accuse him of hurting Wilson’s case. “I do think of the Ku Klux Klan. I do,” he told investigators.

From the first day a grand jury met, it is clear that fear and anxiety played major roles in the struggle to paint a precise picture of what unfolded between Wilson and Brown on Aug. 9.

The jurors’ decision not to indict Wilson prompted prosecutors to make public more than 4,700 pages of transcripts and reports in hope of quashing suspicions that Wilson got away with murder. The tactic did not work, and rioting erupted in Ferguson this week.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.jammiewf.com/2014/ferguson-grand-jury-witnesses-often-cited-fear-in-testifying/

Time: ‘Riots are a necessary part of the evolution of society’

Posted by Jammie on Nov 26, 2014 at 10:39 am

More like going back to the Stone Age.

When a police officer shoots a young, unarmed black man in the streets, then does not face indictment, anger in the community is inevitable. It’s what we do with that anger that counts. In such a case, is rioting so wrong?

Riots are a necessary part of the evolution of society. Unfortunately, we do not live in a universal utopia where people have the basic human rights they deserve simply for existing, and until we get there, the legitimate frustration, sorrow and pain of the marginalized voices will boil over, spilling out into our streets. As “normal” citizens watch the events of Ferguson unfurl on their television screens and Twitter feeds, there is a lot of head shaking, finger pointing, and privileged explanation going on.

Wait, what? What on earth is privileged explanation? But hey, she’s on a roll.

Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.jammiewf.com/2014/time-riots-are-a-necessary-part-of-the-evolution-of-society/

26Nov

‘Disgusting hack': NBC News’ Lisa Bloom takes liberties with Darren Wilson’s testimony

Twitchy:

“ALL Americans”? Uh, speak for yourself, buddy.

NBC News legal analyst Lisa Bloom is still seething over the Ferguson grand jury’s decision not to indict Darren Wilson. Here’s a small sample of tweets showcasing her disgust:

Darren Wilson described Mike Brown to the grand jury as “like a demon,” like “Hulk Hogan.” He had more than a month to come up with that.

— Lisa Bloom (@LisaBloom) November 25, 2014

Darren Wilson testified both he and Mike Brown used profanity in their altercation. Of course, his was justified, Brown’s wasn’t.

— Lisa Bloom (@LisaBloom) November 25, 2014

The kid glove treatment of Darren Wilson in his grand jury testimony I’ve been tweeting about today was all done on the public record.

— Lisa Bloom (@LisaBloom) November 25, 2014 Scissors-32x32.png

http://floppingaces.net/most_wanted/disgusting-hack-nbc-news-lisa-bloom-takes-liberties-with-darren-wilsons-testimony/

I for one will be really realy REALLY glad when this story goes away. The question is where will the morons show up next?

And yet here I am again...

#Ferguson Eye Witness Intimidation: Chilling Details

Andrew Branca

Friday, November 28, 2014

(Snip)

I’ve reproduced the relevant section of Interview #4 below, and the entire length of that interview is embedded at the bottom of this post. (This interview did not take place before the Grand Jury itself, but rather the audio recording of the interview conducted at an earlier date was played for the Grand Jury.)

There are three interviewers, whom I have labelled (as best I was able to discern from the transcript) as “Unknown,” “Mr.,” and “Ms.,” at least one of whom is an FBI Special Agent and another of which is an attorney with the prosecutor’s office. (It is possible the “unknown” category should be assigned to some combination of “Mr.” and “Ms.”) The witness is labelled as “I4.” All identities and identifying information has been redacted in the official transcript.

The interview has been going on for some time when one of the persons leading the questioning interrupts the substantive discussion:

(Snip)

28Nov

The Today Show’s war on the truth- and on Darren Wilson

By: DrJohn

today-truth-suppression.jpg

I cannot stand the Today Show. I cannot stand the execrable hosts. It used to be a news show back when I grew up, but today it is anything but. You no longer can discern where the Today Show ends and where The View andEntertainment Tonight begin. They’ve all morphed into the same thing. In no way can any of them be considered “news” or “informative.” Woe unto those who watch The Today show and think otherwise. It is the very definition of one sided.

The Today Show description says this:

NBC News pioneered the morning news program when it launched TODAY in 1952 with Dave Garroway as host. The live broadcast provides the latest in domestic and international news, weather reports, and interviews with newsmakers from the worlds of politics, business, media, entertainment and sports.

Here’s part of Savannah Guthrie’s “bio”: Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://floppingaces.net/2014/11/28/the-today-shows-war-on-the-truth-and-on-darren-wilson/

November 28, 2014

The Strange Case of Ferguson Witness 40

By Jack Cashill

Easily the strangest of all the documents that have emerged from the Darren Wilson grand jury is the one attributed to Witness 40. These are the pages pulled from her -- I assume her based on writing style -- diary entries from the day Michael Brown was shot, August 9, 2014. She does not appear to have been interviewed.

On the face of things, Witness 40 fullycorroborates the testimony of Officer Wilson. I leave the grammar uncorrected. “The cop was wobbling,” she wrote from her anxious perch in a silver Pontiac stopped behind Wilson’s car, “the big kid turned and had his arms out with attitude. The cop just stood there dang if that kid didn't start running right at the cop like a football player, head down.” Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/11/the_strange_case_of_ferguson_witness_40.html