France’s First Fetal Surgery Results in a Healthy Baby Girl

Valin

frances-first-fetal-surgery-results-healthy-baby-girlDaily Signal:

Gabriella Morrongiello

November 24, 2014

France is celebrating its first successful fetal surgery after a baby girl was born Nov. 9 at full term and in good health.

Nearly four months earlier, in July, doctors at Armand Trousseau Hospital in Paris operated on the 20-week-old fetus with spina bifida while inside her mother’s womb. To prevent brain damage, doctors recommended the expectant mother undergo fetal surgery, an unprecedented treatment in most European countries.

“In France, we have been considering this surgery for around 10 years. Many were asking whether there was a place for this type of intervention in our country,” Dr. Jean-Marie Jouannic, who led the surgery, told Agence France-Presse.

(Snip)

Cyber_Liberty

That's nice. We've been doing it for over 30 years. I thought our medical system was eons behind any given country in Europe? That's what the Dems are always saying...we're dead last among the "industrialized nations" no matter what criteria one cares to use. So here's France doing surgery we've been doing since 1981.

I suppose they're used to just killing the Spina Bifida kids.

@Cyber_Liberty

Why not kill them? It's not like they're * humans or anything...And thus decrease the surplus population.

* I don't want to give the impression that I think humans are any better or deserving of life than any other animals on the planet rolleyes.gif