Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-37.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

November 21, 2014

(Snip)

Fast forward to the other day when The Great Shirt Scare drove Ebola off the front pages. A genius scientist with the European Space Agency’s Rosetta Project achieved an almost impossible feat (after 10 years!) of landing a space probe on comet 67P. And at the jubilant presser he wore a shirt designed for him – by a close woman friend no less — which featured some cartoon cuties in something other than a burqa. And a few jealous, perpetually-enraged feminists, who couldn’t land a minnow using dynamite, lost what passes for their minds.

(Snip)

So you may as well die on your feet as live on your knees. Here is what the young scientist should have said instead. You will recognize the third paragraph homage to The Awesome Bard because some battle cries can’t be improved upon:

I will wear this shirt every day until it falls off me in tatters. You will be able to smell me coming in time to flee in terror. If you feel ‘unsafe’ – a popular feminist weasel word – in the presence of cloth cartoon women, let me assure you that you are completely safe. They aren’t real and can’t hurt you, though they may invite invidious comparisons. You are much safer than the body politic that caves time and again to intolerant loudmouths like you.

Upon this silly harmless shirt, we shall make our stand. When my envious critic accomplishes what I have accomplished, then she can wear a prom dress with her bra on the outside, or a plaid flannel shirt and sweatpants, and I won’t say a mumblin’ word. Until that time, she can shut her piehole. Now and forever I will wear whatever I damn please.”

This story shall the good man teach his son.

From this day to the ending of the world

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Shall wear this shirt. Or any others.

And Pajama Boys on Mommy’s insurance to age 26

Shall think themselves accurs’d they lack this shirt so full of chicks.

And hold their cocoa and their puny manhoods while any speaks

That fought with us upon St. Crispins Day for science geeks.

Ammo Grrrll plans to order this shirt to wear to Chick-Fil-A on the way back from shooting at pictures of baby seals at the Tactical Range. If there were some other way to offend the sensibilities of these bullies, I would do that, too. Plastic bags? Carbs? A flag pin? An “I Heart Men” button? A rare steak, glass of bourbon and a Lucky Strike? John should run his Miss Universe contest photos every day. Throw in some cheerleaders. Heck, yeah!

(Snip)

________________________________________________________________________________________

And The American Society of Steve's says YES!!!

• Like 1