Obama offers amnesty to 5 million illegal immigrants, defies GOP

Geee

obama-offers-amnesty-to-millions-of-illegal-immigrWashington Times:

Brushing aside warnings from Republicans, President Obama announced Thursday night that he is granting temporary legal status and work permits to nearly 5 million illegal immigrants, igniting a constitutional furor that amounted to a declaration of war against the incoming Republican majorities in Congress.

In a 15-minute prime-time address from the White House, Mr. Obama said his action is “lawful,” and said it offered a new deal for illegal immigrants who had been in the U.S. for at least five years: Come forward and register, pass a background check, and be granted a stay of deportation and a work permit good for at least three years.

“I know some of the critics of this action call it amnesty. Well, it’s not,” Mr. Obama said. “Amnesty is the immigration system we have today — millions of people who live here without paying their taxes or playing by the rules, while politicians use the issue to scare people and whip up votes at election time.”Scissors-32x32.png

OBAMA: KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

On Thursday night, President Obama delivered his address to the nation on his executive amnesty. It was historic, both in its scope and in its dishonesty: the speech represented a closely-woven and incredible tapestry of falsehood, exposited with a straight face by the greatest liar in modern American history. To those versed in immigration and constitutional law, watching Obama lay out his program felt like watching a madman describe, with preternaturally perfect sincerity, how the moon was constructed of cheese: you know the argument is untrue, but it’s incredible to watch its dogged exposition.

Obama opened with a glowing talk about the wonders of immigration – generalizations with which virtually Americans agree, as is his wont.

Then the lies began. Posing as an immigration hardliner, Obama stated that he felt for “families who enter our country the right way and play by the rules,” and who “watch others flout the rules” (of course, Obama was mere moments away from rewarding those who flout the rules and punishing those who play by them). He then explained that businesses exploited cheap immigrant labor (of course, Obama was about to announce wage pressure downward in the form of amnesty). He summed up with this incredible sentence:

All of us take offense to anyone who reaps the rewards of living in America without taking on the responsibilities of living in America.

Well, no. Not all of us, given that the Democratic Party draws its voting base from those who wish to reap the rewards of living in America’s generous welfare state without taking on the responsibilities of doing so.

Obama continued with his fibs about how he had secured the southern border, citing a drop in illegal border crossings – a drop caused almost entirely by Obama’s weak economy (Obama himself dated the immigration drop to 2007, when President Bush was in office). He pooh-poohed the “brief spike in unaccompanied children being apprehended at our border,” and said that “the number of such children is now actually lower than it’s been in nearly two years.” The notion that there has been a decrease in unaccompanied children crossing our border, according to FactCheck.org, is false.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/20/Obama-announces-amnesty

@Geee

FACT CHECK: Obama's claims on illegal immigration
Associated Press ALICIA A. CALDWELL and ERICA WERNER

Nov. 20 2014

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama made some notable omissions Thursday night in his remarks about the unilateral actions he's taking on immigration.

OBAMA: "It does not grant citizenship, or the right to stay here permanently, or offer the same benefits that citizens receive - only Congress can do that. All we're saying is we're not going to deport you."

THE FACTS: He's saying, and doing, more than that. The changes also will make those covered eligible for work permits, allowing them to be employed in the country legally and compete with citizens and legal residents for better-paying jobs.

(Snip)

OBAMA: "Overall, the number of people trying to cross our border illegally is at its lowest level since the 1970s. Those are the facts."

THE FACTS: Indeed, in the 2014 budget year the Border Patrol made 486,651 arrests of border crossers, among the fewest since the early 1970s. But border arrests have been on the rise since 2011.

The decline in crossings is not purely, or perhaps even primarily, due to the Obama administration. The deep economic recession early in his presidency and the shaky aftermath made the U.S. a less attractive place to come for work. The increase in arrests since 2011 also can be traced in part to the economy — as the recovery improved, more people came in search of opportunity.

___

OBAMA: "When I took office, I committed to fixing this broken immigration system. And I began by doing what I could to secure our borders."

THE FACTS: He overlooked the fact that he promised as a candidate for president in 2008 to have an immigration bill during his first year in office and move forward on it quickly. He never kept that promise to the Latino community.

(Snip)

@Valin Many articles that rebut his claims point by point this morning, only trouble is, only people like you and I will read themrolleyes.gif

This obviously means there is something wrong with us. wacko.png

laugh.png

• Like 3

@Valin Many articles that rebut his claims point by point this morning, only trouble is, only people like you and I will read themrolleyes.gif

laugh.png

i-rtfp-do-you_design.png

• Like 2

laugh.png

i-rtfp-do-you_design.png

Yep, and also what they hide on pg 8wink.png